Prodject Mud.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos

Project Mud.....

here's some of the trucks after our event....

starting with mine.....
05falltufftruck082.jpg

05falltufftruck083.jpg

05falltufftruck077.jpg

05falltufftruck076.jpg

05falltufftruck074.jpg

05falltufftruck075.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that's one thing I don't do is drive ine in water or mud!

Nice pics driven in mud is great fun you just have to make sure things are sealed up 1st

now that`s action!
I think you guys needed at least one day to clean them up again!
doesn`t the suspension wear out extremely fast?
I drove my savvy in the mud once and I heard some weird grinding sounds coming out of the suspension afterwards.
I took it off both front and rear and cleaned them with silicone spray first and then degreased it with disc brake cleaner.
I know that silicone spray must sound a little crazy to all of you but it `flushes` all the sand and mud out of most places you can`t reach with a brush or a piece of cloth.
after cleaning always use disk brake cleaner to degrease it, disc brake cleaner is a lot cheaper than rc car cleaner but it`s basically the same stuff, it also smells the same.
the pics look cool but I ain`t gonna drive my savvy in such conditions!
I`m not afraid to give my savvy a serious beating but what you show here is a little too much for me!!

LOL..we all built these trucks to with stand extreme bashing...we do and try anything with these trucks.To go in the water everything was water proofed,including all servo's,reciever's,wd-40 was sprayed on everything BEFORE we go in the nud...this helps the mud NOT stick to evrything.i've got more pics here..i will post them of other things we try.

-Joe

I`ll try the wd 40 as soon as my suspension needs to be rebuilt.
I never used any lubricants on places where dirt can build up in my car but if the wd 40 helps I`ll be spraying some mud myself!!!
It does look cool.
here in holland it rains almost 364 out of 365 days so there will be a lot of mudblasting around here then.

Only problem I see there is walking into the mud to flip your truck back over. My luck I would slip and fall on my butt. Now that would be embarassing

well, you can`t make an omelet without breaking the eggs!
you`ll probably get your savvy stuck in the mud so you have to step into it anyway.
A little mud won`t kill you nor will the embarassment.
at least you`ll know what your savvy feels!!

True, But then I have to clean the savage, the car seats and me:eek: . Then I would end up cleaning more then playing:mad: , so I would have to try it again:D

well, when I see savageo28`s pics I can only think #### I wanna do that too!
I got my own place but I can`t store a washing machine cause it`s kinda small so my mom does my washing for me.
That`s one problem solved!!

a lot of mud and stuff would get in ur tranny and stuff wouldn't it.. think about the airfilters and brakes! sry but too much -'s than +'s!

well it's not like i'm telling you to do this....this is just some pics of stuff.WE do...you want to drive in circle in a parking lot ...go right ahead thats totally up to you.Some of us like to take these things to the limit......so don't sit there compaining about this and that............

I mean it looks like alot of fun but I don't know since i'm 13 and paid for it myself new and all the parts so I don'tr wanna mess it up.

i totally under stand......and by the way congrats on buying it your self at such a young age....my self i'm 40 years old lol...and i can't believe how much money this hobby takes from a person...but i love it..it's a relaxing time to go out and bash around for a couple of hours with nothing bugging you and the smell of nitro in the air.

-Joe

i bet it did...LOL..dam at 13 i couldn't come up with lunch money half the time...let alone a nitro savage......LOL

well that was last summer we have only cut 4 yards in 2 months..... man it sure is slow this summer! I don't like it either. lol

yeah that would definitly work .. until I came to someone's house that had a camera..

HPI_Savage25 said:
yeah that would definitly work .. until I came to someone's house that had a camera..

you just have to wear a ski mask so they cant tell its you:rolleyes: or put pantyhose over your head

i have a question

how can you drive the savage in the mud ,snow , water ect without get the radio all messed up...

I water proof it...first i dip the reciever in a silicone dip(hold it by the wire and the silicone will seal around it when it dries)..then i took the servo savers off the servo and installed a small rubber o-ring over the gear ,then stuck the saver back on..squishing the o-ring to make a seal....i also hava a charge lead to charge the hump pack...so i seal the radio box with silicone also..then BEFORE i hit the mud..i spray the whole truck down in WD-40....that way the mud won't stick quite so bad.

-Joe

hope that helped....cheers

VERY nice pics. I like the dirty trucks and the mud flying. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Back