Printable Body Outline To Paint The Heck Out Of Your Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Form

While I was busy thinking what design I would paint on a soon-to-be-mine Savage SS, I thought I could do an outline of the body so I could get a better idea of what my designs would look like by drawing them on a sheet of paper (I plan to use liquid mask to be able to draw whatever I want).

So I did just that! Keep in mind that this is not an exact representation, I used some slightly offset side-view photographs to draw this.

Here are the files:
Savage X Printable Body Outline, Side View (pdf)
Savage X Printable Body Outline, Top View (pdf)

Here is a preview of what it looks like:
Savage_X_Outline_PreviewClear.jpg

A nice thing is that you can know if your design stinks before you paint it on your truck (take for example my third design...):
Savage_X_Outline_PreviewDrawn.jpg

As you can see you can color the cooling head the same color as your truck's engine so it gives you a better idea of what the design would look like on your truck.

I used some felt markers to color those, so I couldn't do any gradients, but using another medium you could easily simulate some more complex designs.

I will most probably do an outline for the top view soon. My job would be easier if someone could post a top view of his savage (stock body), because I can't seem to find one anywhere.

I hope this can help some people!

BTW, can someone explain to me how I can host/post pdf files, flash animations and pictures directly on the forum without hosting them elsewhere? (if that's possible).

Peace!

:yellowhack:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, concreat, thanks for finding the photos!

If you don't mind though I will do my own version of the top view in lossless and so it is easier to print / fits with the side views I made.

I'll update my first post when this is done.

UPDATE: I added the PDF for the top view to my first post!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work Form! Is there any way you can do this with the Proline 72 chevy body? I need a side and top view of the 72 Chevy body so I can print it out and draw the paint job on the paper. If anyone know how I can get printoff views of a 72 Chevy Truck I would appreciate it. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back