possible motor replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
I recently started cleaning my truck form a long winter bash and started the motor to see how it was doing. I plugged in the batteries and the motor heated up really fast. after about 10s of running it because difficult to hold it from the heat. the esc is a mamba monster which was cool as ice. the motor was detached from the truck completely and was holding it in my hand. I did some research and found out that bearings could be the priblem. i took apart the motor and checked the bearings, they were completely fine. I am not sure where the heating problem is to be honest. i checked the wire and there was no heat anywhere in the connections except the motor was really hot after a really short time of about 10-20 seconds.

I'm debating a new motor.............advice?

I've had good luck so far with my NeuCastle 2200kV motor (the one that comes bundled with the Mamba Monster 2).

It could be. I've never had the stock HPI motor, so I can't say for sure. I do know that the Traxxas Revo (which comes with a blue Mamba Monster 2) has a 2200kV motor that is NOT the same as the NeuCastle I mentioned. If the motor does not have the word Castle on it, then I would not assume it is the same. The Traxxas-branded MM2 still says Castle Creations on it, but the motor has no mention of Castle. The same could be true of the HPI-branded motor in the Savage.

thanks for this info... any ideas on super fast heating issue>?

I'm afraid not. All I can do is speculate: It seems most likely that the problem is somehow related to the motor, because my experience with electronics tells me that a problem with the ESC would cause it to just stop working, not appear to work while roasting a perfectly good motor.

Latest posts

Back