Possible ESC or motor issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heebo

Hi, total newbie here with flux 2350.

Few days back I did run with my car and all things went good. Yesterday I went out with it, powered it up, batteries balanced / charged and it comes up but can't drive with it. Servo / Steering works ok but nothing happens on forward/back. ESC gives me red led only when brake/back full on, no led on forward. I tried to do re-calibrate but it won't, yellows just keep flashing.

So my question, does this sound ESC issue or should I check motor? How to check motor btw?

Cheers

first, I would check all connections.

then, I would check the esc. this is how you do that:

1) turn on the esc
2) unplug the motor from the esc
3)go full throttle and see if there is any voltage coming through the wires where the motor plugs in. that can be done with a voltage checker.

I had a similar problem with my 309GT controller. Put it into storage years ago when it was working fine, got it out, charged the batteries, did the radio setup thing, no power to the motors. You can test the motor easily if it's a brushed motor, just connect it to a battery and it will spin, brushless motors need an ESC to drive them. Probably the cheapest way of testing the output of a brushless ESC would be one of those cheap test lights from an auto parts store. Not exact but it gives you an indication of things (volts) being there or not.
Good luck.

I had a similar problem with my 309GT controller. Put it into storage years ago when it was working fine, got it out, charged the batteries, did the radio setup thing, no power to the motors. You can test the motor easily if it's a brushed motor, just connect it to a battery and it will spin, brushless motors need an ESC to drive them. Probably the cheapest way of testing the output of a brushless ESC would be one of those cheap test lights from an auto parts store. Not exact but it gives you an indication of things (volts) being there or not.
Good luck.

Decent information. However, I'm not sure the original poster will see this as he hasn't be on in over a year.....

Sorry, didn't notice the date posted. I had the same problem as him, looking for answers but it looks like a new ESC is in order.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back