please help me with my savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageking

i finally got my savage running again and in the morning it was running ok, but as the mid-day came around the truck wouldnt go full throttle. i was using like a year old fuel. and right before the fuel is all used up it takes off at full speed then dies. i really don't know what to do.can someone please help

Welcome to the forum! I would say you should not use fuel that old so start with some fresh fuel first so you don't chase any unnecessary things.
Dave

The old fuel is very bad for your engine. Not only have most of the things in it evaporated leaving almost only oil, but it could be contaminated with dust particles and dirt. If you left it on a hard cold surface such as concrete, it also most likely caused condensation on the top of the bottle, which most likely caused some of the fuel to chemically react, leaving un-safe liquids to enter your motor. Get yourself a new gallon of fuel. What percentage of Nitro are you running? I would recommend either Sidewinder fuel, or O'Donnels. The reason your truck starts running differently at the end of the gas tank, is because since there is not alot of fuel going to the engine, it becomes "lean" for a few seconds. Lean is when your engine isn't receiving enough fuel. This causes the motor to struggle to stay on, making it run erratic. It is regular, and happens with all cars at the end of a tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
could be the old fuel (though i have used fuel that sat in a half empty well sealed bottle in a cool dark place for at least a few years without problems) you have to be a lil more detailed on the sypmtoms .... is there a healthy smoke trail... no smoke trail ..... or an excessive (heavy)smoke trail ? does the trottle open all the way?

could be the old fuel (though i have used fuel that sat in a half empty well sealed bottle in a cool dark place for at least a few years without problems) you have to be a lil more detailed on the sypmtoms .... is there a healthy smoke trail... no smoke trail ..... or an excessive (heavy)smoke trail ? does the trottle open all the way?

yeah the trail of smoke is white and mild smoke trail. the engine sounds like its not trying to make an effort to go full throttle.

The old fuel is very bad for your engine. Not only have most of the things in it evaporated leaving almost only oil, but it could be contaminated with dust particles and dirt. If you left it on a hard cold surface such as concrete, it also most likely caused condensation on the top of the bottle, which most likely caused some of the fuel to chemically react, leaving un-safe liquids to enter your motor. Get yourself a new gallon of fuel. What percentage of Nitro are you running? I would recommend either Sidewinder fuel, or O'Donnels. The reason your truck starts running differently at the end of the gas tank, is because since there is not alot of fuel going to the engine, it becomes "lean" for a few seconds. Lean is when your engine isn't receiving enough fuel. This causes the motor to struggle to stay on, making it run erratic. It is regular, and happens with all cars at the end of a tank.

I'm running 20% so what would you recomend i should do.

Sidewinder 20% Race blend.

Also, does the engine have a very high pitched noise, or a gurgly mouthwash noise? Or is it just in between.

Sidewinder 20% Race blend.

Also, does the engine have a very high pitched noise, or a gurgly mouthwash noise? Or is it just in between.

like a gurgly mouthwash noise. but when the nitro fuel is about to finish it turns into a high pitched noise then dies out.

omg dude thanks the videos helped alot. they demonstrated exactly what was happening to my truck.

man i cant wait to tune it up and finally take it out to the track without having to feel embarassed about my truck

:jamout:, glad I could help you! I just got my new exhaust and re-tuned my savage today, its a beast man! You will definitely have alot more fun.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back