Please help me identify this savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdikyle

Sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section.

My uncle passed away a few months back and i've been given his nitro car and a box full of bits. I've never owned a nitro car before so don't really know a lot about them, I've always wanted one but the price has put me off.

So the car i got is a Savage but not sure what model. there's a ton of bits and bobs including engines but I'm lost as to where to start with this thing. I've always repaired my own actual cars so I'm pretty handy with tools.

Basically I want to know the exact model so i can do some research and download the original instruction manual.

Any ideas if any of the parts that are on the car are mods or upgrades?

I know that i need to get a glow plug heater, any particular one I should get? I have been looking at the fastrax 4500mah one from modelsport in the UK

The shell is pretty bad, anyway to remove the paint on it or am i better off just buying a new one?

what charger do i need for the cars battery pack?

Any advice anyone can offer would be really appreciated, just want to get to know the car i have so that i can start tinkering with it and get it running.

@tdikyle Looks like a Savage X with the F4.6 V1 engine . Here is a 1600mAh Hump pack AND charger, hard to find Charger as stand alone .
Only Mods I see are the Aluminum Pipe , the Wheels/Tires and the wheelie bar.

thanks @ELWOOD , ordered a hump pack and charger from modelsport, atleast i have a spare battery now. looking forward to getting it up and running.

Yup, you have a Savage X 4.6. Specifically the 2011 version, assuming that the receiver is stock. That receiver was only used in two versions of the savage and I doubt you have the special edition (though hard to tell since you are missing the body and stock wheels/tires).

Here is a link to the HPI webpage for the truck.

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/105645

Annoyingly, they no longer have the manual on the site and I am having a hard time finding it anywhere. The good news though, is that you can swap most parts from other Savages X models and it will fit. The website does have a standard parts listing though that has most of the common parts.

Thanks for the info, I got a shell for it which you can see if you scroll through the pics, I'm not sure if it's the shell it originally came with but it has a different front grille than most models I see and when I did find the model with the same grille they tend to have dual shocks on each wheel which was throwing me off when I was trying to work out which model I have

Thanks for the info, I got a shell for it which you can see if you scroll through the pics, I'm not sure if it's the shell it originally came with but it has a different front grille than most models I see and when I did find the model with the same grille they tend to have dual shocks on each wheel which was throwing me off when I was trying to work out which model I have

I completely missed that body in the pictures, didn't go down far enough. The body you have is an HPI GT-2. It is likely bought aftermarket as it is clearly a clear body that was custom painted. The truck you have came stock with a GT-3 body.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back