Piston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey D

Hey guys. Just wondering if this is normal or not! I run werks 30% fuel an a medium plug. Engine has exactly a gallon through it. Thanks.

Doesn't look like there's anything wrong to me. Unless I can't tell by the size of the pic. Even zoomed in a lot with my phone (HTC evo 4g- awesome screen res for pics), I couldn't see anything wrong.

wheres the golden color ? like so

06040d24.jpg

4ee66369.jpg

Pics wouldnt load of my iphone 4, they used to not be so small! Its silver like brand new, but the thing you cant see cause of the small pic, is the pitting on the piston! Not deep pitting though.
ceff0aa1-ff2b-a9fb.jpg

The pitting is caused from detonation. What's your set-up in regards to fuel and plug? That'll help to better determine the cause and help us give you a better solution.

Just reread your first post. Since your runnin 30% nitro, you should be usin a cold plug. Try usin a McCOY MC9. That's the plug I use with 30% and can get a couple gals use out of 1 plug.

I just looked at the plug ive got, its a mc8. But i just sent the engine off to be modded so I'm gonna order some mc9s

Thanks guys! Never had an engine pit before so idk what was goin on lol. This is the first motor ive ran 30% through!

I am going to pull my G3.0 apart and see what it is like. To de-grease simply green is good? And to grease, what should I use?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back