Picco .28 in a Savage 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC4Life

My stock Savage 21 engine gave out and I found a cheap brand new Picco .28 for sale but I was wondering if it’d be a good fit for my car. It has an aluminum chassis and 3-speed differential. I’ve forgotten the gear ratio and specs like that, but is there anything you guys would suggest upgrading or switching to as a must if I put this engine in? All suggestions are welcome as I haven’t touched Nitro RCs in ages and I’m looking for something that I can bash around with every so often, fairly easy to tune, and last me a while.

Thanks!

A Picco .28 is always a good fit. The Picco is powerful. Steel spur gear and hardened steel clutch bell. A lot of people will tell you upgraded front and rear diffs. Good tuned exhaust pipe.

If you have the original 21 chassis, it had only 2 spider gears in the diffs. At the very least, you would want to upgrade to 4 spiders. Going with alloy cups would be best and with BP ring/pinion would be better. However, if it is the 21, then you have to stay with the standard sized output cups/bones/outer axles as the large cups won't fit through the side holes in the gearbox halves.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back