Photos of Scarlett after doing some wrenching this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to this forum I got around to doing the ofna mod on my savage! My throttle no longer sticks, and brakes are instantaneous! I love it and I just wanna thank the people on here for coming up with cool solutions!
ofnamod_zps237ff10d.jpg

I shaved some of the plastic shroud on top of the servo box because it would rub against the throttle rod.

topnaked_zps06f2d6e8.jpg

Top view of the mod. I wish there was red sliders to match the red theme of my truck. Also installed a metal Ofna servo horn and an Integy throttle mix arm.
sidetank_zpsf4bbb562.jpg

Side view of the rig
frontnaked_zps1be35198.jpg

Front view showing my Integy bumper, caster blocks, and steering knuckles.

rearnaked_zpsaee27ef1.jpg

Don't hate! LOL I just added an I <3 Haters wristband for added support to keep the upper arm pins from falling out. I also lowered the stance a bit by installing rubber spacers inside of the shock shafts. I love how she squats and powerslides through corners!
sidelid_zps5744bc8f.jpg

Here she is with the lid on
frontlid_zpsaa60c7d5.jpg

So far I am loving this truck and enjoying the wealth of info I am getting on these forums!

Ofna sells those collars in red also, I know is another expense but least they will match. besides having those around is always a good idea.........
Nice Looking rig. I look forward to seeing some action vids soon......

@ joe Thanks! From the looks on the truck on your avatar your rig looks beastly!:vamp:

@WoodiE That's true at least the servo horn could be silver. Aside from the color, I am really enjoying this mod! Throttle response is crisp! However the bending sucked LOL! Thank God I got a pack of Dubro rods laying around coz' I went through two of em' to finally achieve the desired bends to clear the roll cage on the third one. ;)

Well, ransacked my dad's stuff and got his spare K4.6 and HPI tuned pipe from his SS kit. I swapped em' out in favor of a pull start setup--I'll just keep the F4.6 as back up. For those of you who know, are there any differences between the F4.6 and K4.6 besides the pullstart? Also will I be seeing any power improvements with this new setup as opposed to the stock setup I had before? Any input would be great....now off to break this baby in.
k46_zps3d046e59.jpg

hpitunedpipe_zps5d591b55.jpg

There is a difference, however small. The K is very slightly more powerful and revs higher. I believe the F is an ofna force and the K is an axial. The K uses an internal one way bearing, the F has an external one way bearing. The K uses a 3 needle carb, the F uses a 2 needle carb. I believe the internals are slightly different too (sleeve and piston).

I just ran it today, and noticed that the K had substantially more top end power than the F. The F however has substantially more torque down low. I'm not much into wheelies, so the K fits my driving style more than the F. Both are nice mills though. Both start up and idle smoothly, both hold a good tune, and both are perfect mills for the size and weight of the savage platform. :)

LOL @ joegibbstruck aside from the top end difference, I noticed a significant difference in the sexiness department. LOL after slapping the mill on I just kept staring at it for a while and spinning it in circles on the stand. LOL

LOL @ joegibbstruck aside from the top end difference, I noticed a significant difference in the sexiness department. LOL after slapping the mill on I just kept staring at it for a while and spinning it in circles on the stand. LOL

Someone is very easily amused! lol

I'd hate to be around when you get your hands on a real engine, we'd need a mop and bucket to clean up all your drool. :D

:cool:

LOL I could imagine! What do you think would be a great cost-effective bang-for-your-buck upgrade over the K4.6/Hpi polished pipe combo. Key word: cost effective ;). I don't think ill be able to get a clocked picco/ercm pipe anytime soon. Or perhaps someone here can donate one to me for testing purposes?? LOL:pompus:

I havnt broken it in, yet but so far it seems was away better than stock. On break in settings, it wheelies

Wow man and you're rocking the dynamite 053 or 086? Please let me know once you've finished the break in process. I'm curious to know how she runs with the combo you got on. I surely wish I could get a picco/ercm but that's just pushing the budget for me. I'm pretty much happy with my current setup, so I can't imagine how stoked I would be with a setup like yours!:D

Long term update? And whats with the fuel tubing pieces covering the screw holes in the engine cooling head? Great looking rig.

I installed my extra plastic roll cage piece after scratching the engine head the first few times but I guess yours is the more elegant solution. I don't supposed you bash that baby too hard though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back