Pedro's Hex L Wrench Set/Allen Keys Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTBikerTim

Brushless Power!!!
Last night I rounded yet another allen key. So I pulled out my trusty set of Pedro Hex L Wrench Set and kept going with no problems. I have stripped down my bikes and rebuilt them, my rc cars and have been using this same set of allen keys for years and they still look brand new. I would love a set of hudy Hex drivers but I can't really afford them. Anyway I was so impressed last night that I have had this same set of keys for years and they still show almost no signs of use that I thought I should tell you guys about them. By no signs of use I mean on the tips you can usually see the corners starting to get rounded, not on these though. I love this set of keys so much I usually carry them while riding even though they weigh about half a kilo.

The only damage to them was from my friend putting a set of pliers on to them and trying to undo a head bolt on a nitro engine held in by a lot of red loctite. It took a huge amount of force to do (foot long pliers) but he snapped the ball off the key. Fixed the key up with the dremel and then did the same thing again with the same key and undid the screw.

6460100.jpg

They aren't the easiest to use being L wrenches instead of the handle ones (the kind I ruined last night) but they are cheap and incredibly tuff. I bought mine for under $50 Australian so in the US they are probably a lot cheaper. I definitely recommend these if you are in need of a reasonably priced set of allen keys.

Here is a link to the Allen Keys/Hex wrenches i'm talking about
http://www.pedros.com/product.aspx?productID=6460100
You can find them in bicycle stores. So if your in need of Hex wrenches take a look in your local bike store and see if you can find these.

As a rating out of 10 I say 9/10. I give them 9 instead of 10 because they don't come in screw driver style. It would be nice if pedro's made them in screw driver style with and without ball ends out of the same stuff cause they would be the ultimate hex wrenches if they did.

Ya all the allen keys I have is the L shaped ones and I want to get a set like the screw driver style, I think I could get a lot more force than with the L Shaped ones, I will have to look those up, I am always grinding at my allen keys...

The screwdriver handle hex heads are the way to go. Make sure to get the rubber handles and replaceable tip. I bought the hobbico set for 15$. It is not only easier to remove screws but 3x faster.

The screwdriver handle hex heads are the way to go. Make sure to get the rubber handles and replaceable tip. I bought the hobbico set for 15$. It is not only easier to remove screws but 3x faster.

Have a link to them?

Thanks a lot, got some rep from me too. I have been looking for a set and didnt think to ask you guys.

I like the L shaped ones, I get more force from them than the screwdriver type, (sometimes If I have too I slide the long end in my plug tool to get more leverage) but the screwdriver type sometimes reaches places the L ones wont.

I have a question, what are the bal end's for? I have seen them in pic's like above but never used them.

Thanks, I am going to get a set.

That is definitely true. I haven't found a good reasonably priced set of the screw driver handles yet though. The set I have cost $20 and of course you get what you pay for and the tips have rounded. I can take the dremel to my screw driver handle ones though and they will be ok for a while again.

Thanks guy. I appreciate the feed back and rep.

I have a question, what are the bal end's for? I have seen them in pic's like above but never used them.

Thanks, I am going to get a set.

The ball ends are for getting at screws which you can't get at directly. So you can put the driver in at a bit of an angle and still undo the screw (Like a CV joint). The ball ends aren't as good for undoing/tightening screws though as they have a weak point and they apply force to a smaller area inside the screw. It is best to use the straight style if possible.

they have rubber handed t stlye allen wrenches i think they would be the best for heavy torquing wouldnt they? thats what i;ve been thinking of getting anyway

they have rubber handed t stlye allen wrenches i think they would be the best for heavy torquing wouldnt they? thats what i;ve been thinking of getting anyway

By "they" do you mean Pedro's. The Pedro's T set is probably too big for RC use and that sort of torq is probably too much for RC anyway.

By "they" do you mean Pedro's. The Pedro's T set is probably too big for RC use and that sort of torq is probably too much for RC anyway.

sorry when i said "they" i didnt mean anyone in particular just that i have seen sets at my hardware store that would work for a rc!! and the "t" handle would give you alot of grip!!

Most allens are hardened steel which will at some pint be shot and round off. The TiNi are the best you can get in an allenwrench which there are only a few mfg's who make these. Some of you may cringe when I say this but I use the Integy Team ones and Boy O Boy do I love them and are they durable. These things hold up for ever. At first they seem to tight or large but once they have been used once or twise they are awsome, I have nothing less to say about them.

I have there whole metric/standard Hex wrenches, Screwdrivers, Plug wrench, Body hole punch, and Dual head socket wrench 17 & 23MM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most allens are hardened steel which will at some pint be shot and round off. The TiNi are the best you can get in an allenwrench which there are only a few mfg's who make these. Some of you may cringe when I say this but I use the Integy Team ones and Boy O Boy do I love them and are they durable. These things hold up for ever. At first they seem to tight or large but once they have been used once or twise they are awsome, I have nothing less to say about them.

I have there whole metric/standard Hex wrenches, Screwdrivers, Plug wrench, Body hole punch, and Dual head socket wrench 17 & 23MM.

That's something I didn't say about these (the pedro's). They also can be a bit tight but that is a good thing. I have also heard a few good things about the integy tools. Know a good place to get them larsen?

That's something I didn't say about these (the pedro's). They also can be a bit tight but that is a good thing. I have also heard a few good things about the integy tools. Know a good place to get them larsen?

I guess I have bought some from SMF http://www.smfstore.com/index.php?cPath=36_136 also My LHS has them www.hobbieguyrc.com you may have to email him but he does have them, otherswise I have gotten them straight from www.Integy.com but at this point Hobbieguyrc and SMF has the best deal on them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back