Painting my first body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deuce

So this week sometime, I think I'm gonna try and paint my first body for my Savage. I really want the Super Duty Ford F250, but the LHS didn't get it in, so I'm gonna go with the Hummer H2 SUT.

I kinda don't want a solid colour paint job, even though that would probably be the easiest for my first go. So, I'm gonna try to do a 2-tone paint job, not sure exactly on the design yet, but I'll figure that out.

So, what's the best to use for masking off the colours? Would that green painters tape work, or do I need something special? I know I need special paint, but not sure about the masking.

If anyone can help, that would be great! I'll post pics as soon as its ready to go, I promise!!

works great

green tape works good heres my latest body pro line boulder hauler...this is 3 hours worth of cutting and taping with a bit of hand painting got about another hour of painting then will put up more pics hope to be done by the weekend!!!
boulderhauler008.jpg

boulderhauler006.jpg

boulderhauler005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I only use Liquid Mask. Just do 2-3 light coats. If it's too thin, it will def cause a headache.

Painting isn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Don't be afraid to do a 2-3 color job. I'm sure you will surprise yourself.

Bryan @ SMC

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go, see how it turns out, I'll post pics too!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back