painting a new body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximusraylius

well heres a thread i hope can help incourage a few ppl atleast to paint a new body.i want to try to show how easy it is to paint a new lid ..hope fully the one I'm going to show you comes out good..i'll try to post a pic of each step as we go till we get the lid done.just need to take a leap and not be afraid to mess up that brand new sparkling clear lid.. this is my sons hes doing to fit on his build we did together hes air brushing it useing stincles hes made him self out of contact paper and also alot of free hand airbrushing. i try to give him props hes only 16 and already getting it down pretty good i think. so if you like it please compliment him on it he reads the threads ..thank you and here we go.

1.the stencils cut frrom contact paper. tip on placement.. use windex to spray inside the body it allows you to slide the stencils into place once in place just press the windex out from under neath dry real good and get all the air bubbles out from it. take your time a rush paint job will look rushed.

061109_105701.jpg

061109_105601.jpg

061109_105700.jpg

2.when you place a decal or stencil in place you can take mesurements of tips and focal points and mark them with a marker on the out side .it has a protective film so don't matter if you write on it its comeing off at the end anyways . mark one decal and use the same mesurements to place a second one in exact location. if a lil off the windex will allow you to properly slide it into place.

061109_121900.jpg

3.most lids or all lids have dots down the center to mark a center line ..i use a flexable ruler to line the dots up and mark a straight line down the top of the body to give me a center line to fallow.
061109_105700.jpg

4.place the window mask on if you want clear windows or leave them off if you want solid windows . some times you can mask windows take mask off then paint clear windows with tent colord paint or black what ever..
061109_121902.jpg

the finished truck hope you like it ..
061109_160201.jpg

061109_160201.jpg

061109_174300.jpg

061109_174201.jpg

061109_174200.jpg

thank you all for the kind words and support..thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's cool dude. young man's got talent and you tell him Soul said it!!!!!!

whoa i would pay your son to do a body for me thats awsome work

awsome info buddy!!!!! thanks for posting it,should help alot of people.. repped ya!!!!

Nice work, It's an old post but still very relevant. If your still on, what kind/type of air brush did you use?

Nice work, It's an old post but still very relevant. If your still on, what kind/type of air brush did you use?

He hasn't been on in a year. Hopefully he responds for you.

upload_2016-8-19_12-28-48.png

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back