painted my first body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodshemi

Painted my first body its harder than I thought to mask it all off but I think the next one will be easier:duh:
harrisonstokee008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yea edges are running pretty badly, try using liquid mask works better then tape and you can paint fine details on the body easier

intrepid057.jpg

Just a red X for me :devil-smiley-020:

I wanna see it!

I got her Fixed for ya bud. Whne you past a link to a pict just post the IMG Code. This way you don't have to add click the insert image button above. You just had so many to it.

Agreed with CRZY but it looks good budy. It's just going to get destroyed anyway.

Looks pretty nice for first time paint job. Pretty cool lid by the way.

Looks good bro, But like CRZY noted if you use liquid mask it is easier to mask off and your paint want bleed. I like that body who makes it?

Thanks Jason!

IDK, I think it looks pretty good. I know what you mean about masking...I'm still a newbie at painting too. I may try that liquid mask when my Silverado shell gets here.

I have an idea...You could maybe apply some thin, black pinstriping tape around the fenders...it would cover the rough paint borders up and nobody would be the wiser...except us, of course!

cool thanks for the input guys ill try the liquid mask next time and a pin stripe might be just what i need. thanks for fixing up the link jason I'm not very good at this stuff yet but ill keep trying

Looks good bro, But like CRZY noted if you use liquid mask it is easier to mask off and your paint want bleed. I like that body who makes it?

the body is made by proline and it was actually one of the cheaper body at the lhs 33.00 compared to 44.00 for the others

Hey Rodshemi,
Nice work! Don't be afraid to use the outside plastic overspray mask for things like fenderflairs, beds and such. Just cut w/exacto and gently peal away. It kinda gives it a flat look for the right areas.
Joey

also you can write on the outside of a body if it still has the plastic film with a sharphie helps for LM ao u can follow it eit th exacto

Latest posts

Members online

Back