Oval dirt track set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrobasher

Unfortunately the only kind of track in my area is a oval dirt track. Is there anyone racing the savage on a oval dirt track. Not sure how a 4X4 will slide around the corners. Just asking before I sink a lot of money into savy to try and get it to run and compete on the track. I would love to get into racing just no good tracks around. :(

what classes do they run at the track on the oval
i know 4x4 short ccourse trucks drift the corners good on a clay oval track
you could probally lower your shocks and run like a bow tie tire on the savage

+1 for what lj said. Given enough speed anything will slide around a corner. Just takes the right amount of handling abilities to make it work out in your favor. Build your own? I know a lot of us do. I can remember as a young kid riding my BMX and carrying a shovel with me to our local jumps out in the woods. Just remember if you build it they will come.

From what I've heard the track is new (behing the LHS) there are currently no sanctioned races being held. I am going to lower the truck and get some proline caliber vtr tires and some 1/2 offset wheels maybe the blue grove wheels and maybe a wing . That will get me started anyhow. Right now I just run it maybe once a week just for fun the owner brings out his nitro sprint car every once in a while. If I had a place to build one I certainly would. Thanks guys.

Maybe you can see how many people are around you that off road and they can help you find a place. Where are you from?

if u want to slide in the dirt go bowtie tires calibers may hook up to good in the corners on a savage i know in my 4x4 sc truck on the oval the calibers would bite to much and there you go watching your truck tumble

thanks thats the advise i was looking for. it seems the bowtie would hook up more because the knobs are bigger. but i am known to be wrong.

Mickey
If you don't mind give me an example of a truggy tire and wheel that will fit. i am not that familar with it. i definately did not wnat to run MT tires.

Members online

Back