Opinions on RC for wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan1984

Hey guys, sorry If I post this in wrong section. I'm looking at getting a RC for my wife. I have all nitro savages currently. Looking at something that's plug and play for her but something that can still keep up or close to the nitros. I have ZERO experience with electric RCs. I looked at the savage flux hp a bit, but its a little more than I wanted to spend currently. That an everywhere is sold out. I would Like to be in the $300 range + batterys. Was thinking about the Bullet MT or the Savage XS. But again I know nothing of either one, any advice or opinions? We just use them for bashing. Would like something RTR that's plug an play and reliable and tough.

Does it have to be an HPI ? they recently released the Jumpshot a 2wd monster type rig, also there are several other monster electric rigs out there, Losi, Associated, Thunder Tiger, Arrma, Traxxas and lots of others to choose from.....
A quick search should yield many to choose from.....

I was wanting to stay with HPI . That may be somewhat judgemental to the others being all I have owned is hpi so far, aside of 1 kyosho dbx an that thing and me do NOT get along. It breaks when I look at it I think. I really want to go with the flux hp that way all the spare parts I have would fit but that's not in the budget for the near future.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...Flux+HP+.TRS0&_nkw=savage+flux+hp&_sacat=2562

A quick E Bay search didn't yield much in the way of used rigs out there in your price range most are between 500 and 700 depending on whats is included, and usually buying a "used" one you have the unknown to deal with considering most that buy these beat the snot outta them and then sell them for whatever they can get....
There are a few XS rigs out there also and from what I have read and seen they are a decent little rig for a 1/12 scale truck, all I can say is keep your :eyes: open on e bay and craigs list and you may get lucky and find one in decent shape.....

Thanks Jam, I keep a pretty close eye on ebay. All my rigs came from there. Definitely can get the lucky or the shaft. I got both so far but that's part of it buying used I guess. Is there anything about the electric rc a person should know? All I know is get good battery's and a better charger.

You looking to go brushless I am thinking?
if so I recommend getting the best gear you can afford and go from there, when I was buying tools for a living working as a mechanic I bought alot from the Snap-On tool man and he had a sign inside his truck that read..
"BUY THE BEST AND CRY ONLY ONCE"
this saying also applies to the hobby too......

The XS is an awesome rig. If you already have 2S and 3S batteries and charger then you can definitely get into one for around $300. If you do, make sure to get the wheelie bar and optional pinion and idler gears for the 3S.

upload_2015-11-30_9-40-24.png

I agree with X and Jam for sure, the Savage XS would certainly be a killer RC for the wife or anyone for that matter. Very durable and finding parts shouldn't be an issue, there are also a number of aftermarket parts available as well.

I vote xs also. really the only thing that ive seen that it really needs out of the box is tires. but that goes for just about any stock rc.

as for lipos, check out spc or smc( same company) they are made I the usa, inexpensive, and the best lipos ive used so far.

as for chargers, the duratrax onyx lineup is a little pricey but great.
if you get a small LiPo( 3000mah ish) the skyrc imax b6ac is a great charger for the price. but it does have a 5amp maximum charge rate, so it will only charge up to 5000mah lipos( at 1c. I usually charge at about 2c, which wont hurt most batterys. just make sure that your battery can handle it)

if you don't know much about LiPo's, be sure to read up on them. they are great batterys, but they can be dangerous if abused or used wrongly. you can also post any questions you have on here. we'd be happy to help.

Latest posts

Members online

Back