Ooops, now what did I do wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-Type

Hi

I removed the batterybox on my Octane earlier tonight, to have a closer look on how to modify it for improved useability and to get rid of the rats nest.

Once back on the car again. I notice that the throttle servo is not as I would expect, there's a gap between the "bump" on the linkage and the throttle arm, and when the servo is engaged it seems like it doesn't have enough strength to move the throttle arm and it looks like a servo-saver kicks in.

What have I missed / what did I do wrong putting it back? Should the throttle arm be rotated a full turn clockwise before connected, doesn't feel right?

Btw, I am pretty new to RC and I am unfamiliar with the terminology in english, so please bare with me :)

Here's a video of what it looks like right now.

I just looked at mine, It looks like on yours that the upper half of the throttle horn is not on right. It should move with the bottom half. Try talking out the screw that holds it to the servo. Something is not lined up right or you may have broke something. Best of luck.

Ok, thanks, I will check that. I had quite a clear memory that it was looking just like that from the beginning. But then again, it could have been something wrong to begin with as well, that just got worse now.

Having double checked and adjusted the linkage, I now wonder how it could work at all before I removed the box :)
But never mind, now it works :)

I have now looked around a bit on the internet, and also looked into the manual. I can see that in all pics of actual Octanes, the throttle lnkage is inserted into the servo horn from underneath, just as it was on mine. What I did to resolve my issue was to change it so that it is inserted from the top, and this, I just found out, is exactly how it is depicted in the manual.

Could be something for others to look into, you may get less friction in the throttle linkage if you change this (in case yours is inserted from underneath)

Latest posts

Members online

Back