One way bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanthemechanic

I need a one way bearing for my savage with an o.s .30vg with the roto start. Is it the 14mm hpi one way?

Could try taking to a local bearing merchant. I’ve been to mine with all the wired ones in the past from classic boat outboards to power tools!

Worth a shot

Could try taking to a local bearing merchant. I’ve been to mine with all the wired ones in the past from classic boat outboards to power tools!

Worth a shot
Yeah I was thinking the same thing actually. I have a bearing place I deal with here and am going to go speak to them about it. See what happens

All you really need to do is figure out the ID/hex and height of the hex. I looked a long time ago when I ran the OS21RG and OS15CV-R(X), they both ran the same bearing. Was over 15 years ago and I never bought a micrometer... I really need to get one of those.

From what I recall though, the bearing isn't squeezed into a hex like some are. The case/hex of the bearing is formed more so around the bearing. With ones like the traxxas and some HPI OWB's, you can punch out the bearing itself and then red-locktite/punch a new one back in the hex.

Well, the OS bearing may be pressed in there, but it doesn't appear they make it easy to get it back out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back