One way bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocHal 69

I have a Savage X 2.4 with Roto Start 2 . When I try to start it the one way bearing keeps slipping, I have taken it apart and cleaned the bearing and it works for about 10 secs. and then starts slipping again.
Any remedies? Where can I find a new one. I haven't been able to locate one on line.

I clean mine with denatured alcohol really well, let it dry and then use red grease inside the bearing rollers, doing this way keeps most of the oil off it and makes them last a good long time....

I’m new to nitro for the most part but I Repair fishing reels for a living and they use one way roller bearings in them. Sometimes when they get too much lube in them they turn into two way bearings. When that happens sometimes I can fix them by throwing them in a ultrasonic cleaner and then just giving them a light coat of oil. Usually once they fail though I usually just replace them cause they never seem to last.

Thanks, for the suggestions. I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner but all the other things didn't help.
Was able to get a new one for $22 (Cdn) at local hobby store. Works great now

Latest posts

Members online

Back