On Road Bodys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

has anyone ever seen a full cover body on a savage that fits the wheels inside the wheel wells?
I'd like to find a on road car body that would be a nice fit giving the savage a real on road car look.

I don't think the 69 charger would cover the tires on the savage, there used to be an HPI shell for the super nitro rs4 that may have worked but they are long out of production now.......

Crash..... The pic I showed you in shout box yesterday is the biggest body I have yet seen that fits the Savage. It is tremendously bigger than a regular pick up body from HPI. In case you missed it, here it is :artist:

Click the pic for other shots. I took one pic with HPI's Dodge Ram pick up body beside the truck for comparison. This is a very big body, but as you can see, it won't cover the tires like you want. It is sitting on street tires by the way. My only other thought is possibly a fifth scale body, but I'm pretty sure there aren't many styles to choose from and they are pricey.:)

I don't think the 69 charger would cover the tires on the savage, there used to be an HPI shell for the super nitro rs4 that may have worked but they are long out of production now.......

it's made for the savage. its what they put on the special edition x 4.6

ONCE AGAIN NUT you do not read the posts...... the man said he wants a body to cover the tires completely and wants if for road use, That 69 Charger will not be wide enough to cover most of a savage chassis no less the tires.
so READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE CONTRADICTING PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!

I'd say cross your fingers and hope the Baja 5R does indeed come out. It's 1/5 scale and will fully cover the wheels of a Baja, so I would think you could make that work for your savage. It's a pretty nice 70 Boss 302 design.

Thanks guys.
Think I'll go to our local hobby shop and try some 1/5 scale see how they look.
The closest rc shop worth going to is 1hour away but, worth the trip.
Thanks again.
Dan

Be prepared Crash. That 1/5th body can cost you $125-$175 easy.

Latest posts

Members online

Back