OMG Does it ever end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagn

Had my Savage a week now, gone through 2 spur gears, finally got a good steel 1, now i chewed up my clutch bell. Doing maintenance on the spur gear today, removed the engine found crack in the engine plate. Thats when i noticed the clutch bell was toast. Two steering servos b4 i got the metal 1.And now my controller is acting up. When i steer it acts as throttle also. So it's back to the store tomorrow. But I don't care I love this machine! I will make it Stronger, Faster, Meaner than it already is.

The prob with the servo could be something with metal on metal contact or a loose crystal.

Also, welcome to the site and we are glad to have ya be part of the savage family.

I thought the saMe thing.................

+4 on the plastic spur.....

can we dub your savy the "bionic savy" or the "six million dollar savy" stonger ,faster.......:lmao:

:stickspank: k i'll go back to plastic mayb i'll upgrade when i learn a little more what do u guys think about a 3 speed tranny cause i ordered 1 :money man:

about the cracked engine plate could i have tightened the motor bolts too tight cause thats where it cracked. Thx for replies.

The 3 speed is a nice addition especially when it is tuned correctly. meaning engaging at the right points. You can read all about it when you get the manual.

The stock motor plates seem to fatigue and crack as time goes on. Usually not that fast. There are some others you can upgrade to that will not crack but are not needed. Just buy a new plate and watch it for bends and cracks in the future. Some people never have the stock one crack some do.

Thx for the info. What do u guys think about a ribbed exhaust.

Don't get the ribbed exhaust there are many others out there. Lots will recommend the Buku but ive never had the experience and its very expensive. The THS pipe is good along with the Tsais pipe and Jammin pipes They Dynamite pipes are also very good which are very reasonably priced.

If you want to stick to HPI the Polished pipe is a great pipe and most people like it, I don't think I have ever heard a negative comment about it.

FYI watch the Jammin pipes because there stock header will not fit the standard length short chassis, along with most other rounded curve ones, they must be shaped like the stocker to work.

I would never go to a steel spur. plastic spur is like a fail safe for your transmission. better to burn out a $2 spur then have to rip down your tranny to replace a gear IMO. welcome to the forum

Members online

Back