Oil ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbd

Hey guys n gals I guess. In the hpi savage X 4.6 mannual it says to oil 1 spot on each inner wheel after each run but it does not show really where, does anyone know exactly what to oil ?

If I had to guess, they are talking about the axle cups/dog bone ends. Not sure why they would mention it for the front and not the rear, perhaps because the fronts articulate more due to turning?

The reason they mention it for just the front could be because of the steering.
Has anyone got an idea what type of spray I should use? They say WD-40 is bad for plastics.

Has anyone got an idea what type of spray I should use? They say WD-40 is bad for plastics.

Oil for all bearings, I remove them clean with denatured alcohol and let dry well, then put on a clean paper towel and oil the bearing until I see oil on the paper towel and then reinstall where they came out of, as for WD40 being bad for plastics that is a first for me I use it for keeping mud and buildup off my rig, it really helps come cleanup time....

Oil for all bearings, I remove them clean with denatured alcohol and let dry well, then put on a clean paper towel and oil the bearing until I see oil on the paper towel and then reinstall where they came out of, as for WD40 being bad for plastics that is a first for me I use it for keeping mud and buildup off my rig, it really helps come cleanup time....

Sorry might sound stupid, but what type of oil?
HPI mention spray oil for that area. Do I need to remove the wheels or just spray inside?
To be honest on the manual you can see that the bottle has WD-40 on it.

Personally, I use dry lube for all my external points of contact. White Lightning Clean Ride: https://www.amazon.com/White-Lightning-Clean-Ride-Squeeze/dp/B0016ZXE06

It's wax based and doesn't attract dirt like oil/grease does. I usually find a smaller bottle that I can put a tube on to apply it as the bottle it comes in is a bit unwieldy for RC use. I use it on all my bones/cvd joints as well as pinions/bells/spurs, ball ends, steering pivots, hinge pins... anywhere that I want movement with minimal wear and no dirt. Once the liquid evaporates, it leaves a coating of wax. I usually apply it after every bash session.

Wd40 can soften plastics a little, makes them less brittle/ more flexible, used to be common to soak (for a few hours/days a-arms in wd40 for durability. I do not think it is "bad" for plastic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back