Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.

Ofna Titan deluxe, twin Titan anyone?

Sparky

Anyone have or still run an Ofna twin Titan?

I'm building mine back together at the moment and interested if anyone still runs them?

Pics to follow.

olds97_lss

I remember seeing that in the LHS many many years ago. Was quite a machine with basically an exposed transmission. Really goofy now looking at it how they put really wide offset wheels on it vs longer arms to keep the geometry better. Cool machine though.

Are you restoring it to drive it or just restoring it to look at it and appreciate it?

I think if I were restoring to drive it, I'd go with a decent single engine. Less headache and less maintenance. Hearing dual engines singing though... that is a pretty cool sound!

Sparky

I plan on finishing it off and running it,
Have had a few twin engine rc's before,
I don't know if it's the climate over here, but I get a decent tune on each engine separate at first, then start the two of them up,
I rarely have to retune much even after not running my trucks all winter long,
Have made a little more progress,
Both engines fitted, new clutches,
New clutch bells and pinions
New engine mounts,
New fuel tanks
I couldn't get an original Ofna radio box at a decent price, but the Kyosho madforce radio box fits perfectly in place
So I've used that,

Only linkages to put on and I have an original nos Ofna linkage set here for it
Then 2 servos to install and hopefully get it out a run next weekend.

Attachments

Biddie_fiddler

HPISF Supporter
Might be a dumb question but I'm curious, how come each engine has its own tank? Why not share one large one instead of having 2 smaller ones?
Just thinking by that design, they could have moulded a large tank that covers the front of the rig and goes over the servo - sure that would mean removing the tank if you needed to replace it but that isn't too bad. Especially if this means you're gonna get at least 50% more capacity!

olds97_lss

Might be a dumb question but I'm curious, how come each engine has its own tank? Why not share one large one instead of having 2 smaller ones?
Just thinking by that design, they could have moulded a large tank that covers the front of the rig and goes over the servo - sure that would mean removing the tank if you needed to replace it but that isn't too bad. Especially if this means you're gonna get at least 50% more capacity!
Perhaps the pulse pressure from the exhausts will screw each other up a bit if they shared a tank.

Biddie_fiddler

HPISF Supporter
Perhaps the pulse pressure from the exhausts will screw each other up a bit if they shared a tank.
It could be I suppose. Should still be about the same though surely? You'd have twice the pressure into the tank, but you'd also have twice the fuel coming out - two outlets for fuel to each engine. So theoretically the fuel flow shouldn't be affected too much.
I feel like testing this out now... Someone have a spare dual motor rig to lend me, for testing purposes only 😉😂