Ofna tank part number

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parks450

For those of you who have done the ofna 125cc fuel tank, what did you use for a part number? Is the part number 30280? If so I can't find one, is another part number compatible? Thank you, John

Last edited:
When I did the tank mod years ago, I used the New Era HSV510 125cc fuel tank. It came with an aluminum mounting bracket.

I've since reverted back to the stock tank because that tank developed a leak at the "O" ring under the cap. Had trouble starting the truck because it wasn't a sealed fuel system.

I don't know if this is even still available or what the compatible part would be.

When I did the tank mod years ago, I used the New Era HSV510 125cc fuel tank. It came with an aluminum mounting bracket.

I've since reverted back to the stock tank because that tank developed a leak at the "O" ring under the cap. Had trouble starting the truck because it wasn't a sealed fuel system.

I don't know if this is even still available or what the compatible part would be.

I have looked for the new era tank kit and it basically doesn't exist. I can fab my own brackets, but I just can't find the tank part #.

The ofna tank youre looking for has been discontinued for a while. People have been using various alternatives

I've used a couple ofna tanks over the years. For many years, I used this one:
OFNA 30280:
2012-1014-SavageX-OFNATank.jpg

Now I have this one on my X because I couldn't find the old one anymore and the one or two I have have stretched out springs and leaky o-rings.

OFNA 19076:
2016-0603-SavageX-OFNA19076TankOnly.jpg

I've used a couple ofna tanks over the years. For many years, I used this one:
OFNA 30280:
2012-1014-SavageX-OFNATank.jpg

Now I have this one on my X because I couldn't find the old one anymore and the one or two I have have stretched out springs and leaky o-rings.

OFNA 19076:
Good deal, I ordered the ofna 7qt tank which looks a lot like that. Have any better pics of your mounts you made/ used?

Good deal, I ordered the ofna 7qt tank which looks a lot like that. Have any better pics of your mounts you made/ used?
I just use 3/8" cold rolled steel rod. Make an L with a torch to get a tight radius, then mark it and drill holes as needed. On the newer tank, it was longer than the older one, so I used a 4mm bolt through the throttle pivot mount and used it for the front mount. On the rear, just an L piece I made.

2016-0711-SavageX-OFNA19076TankRear.jpg

2016-0711-SavageX-OFNA19076TankFront.jpg

Pretty much requires either an XL chassis or running a 4 shock setup though as the rear of the tank is in the way of the rear shock.
2016-0603-SavageX-OFNA19076Tank.jpg

This was the older tank on my hot bodies extended chassis savage, it had room to run 4 shocks:
2008-1207-SavageTankSide.jpg

This was the old tank on my old savage 21, I used flat steel for the mounts then:
2005-0626-SavageTankSide01.jpg

This was the first mounting I did on a 21:
2004-0727-SavageTankSide.JPG

I had the tank lower to clear the throttle pivot so I could run 8 shocks. I don't have a good photo of it with 8 shocks, just this:
2004-0618-SavageTankSide.JPG

I ran unlimited engineering t-maxx shocks with a 4 shock setup using some upper arms from new era that had shock mounts on them to run any t-maxx shock at the time. That was in 2004'ish.

I moved it back forward similarly quite some time later when I got some custom delrin towers that allowed you to use OFNA 9.5 buggy shocks with stock arms:
2006-0722-SavageSH28TankSide.jpg

I never got the right springs as having 8 of the shocks on there was way too much spring and it handled awful. But I could drop it off a building and it would land fine. lol

Thank you for sharing those, I have the newer savage x so it's only the single shock design so I should be good there hopefully. That 3/8 did is a good idea for sure, pretty sure I actually have some of that.

Well the tank worked out well, couple hours of work and it is mounted and ready to go. Would have been less time but I had to make 2 trips to get the right parts. Had to take a shock off but have big bores ordered. Definitely not able to run dual shocks as old97 stated.

Attachments

• 20171127_132413.jpg
    20171127_132413.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20171127_132401.jpg
    20171127_132401.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 15
  • received_2254953104530486.jpeg
    received_2254953104530486.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 16
You might want to look into drilling out the tank mount holes and putting fuel tube in them to add cushion. A lot of the impact to a tank is transferred from landing on your nose or rear. O-rings on the top/bottom of the tank ears don't help much with that kind of impact.

What tank did you end up going with?

With 4 big bores, you may want to add white springs and 40w oil all around. I've found that that is a good mix for decent air while not being too stiff in the rough. I have yellow's on the rear of my flux, but that was due to getting the wrong part from the seller. They worked out well though as the flux seems heavier than my X anyway.

You might want to look into drilling out the tank mount holes and putting fuel tube in them to add cushion. A lot of the impact to a tank is transferred from landing on your nose or rear. O-rings on the top/bottom of the tank ears don't help much with that kind of impact.

What tank did you end up going with?

With 4 big bores, you may want to add white springs and 40w oil all around. I've found that that is a good mix for decent air while not being too stiff in the rough. I have yellow's on the rear of my flux, but that was due to getting the wrong part from the seller. They worked out well though as the flux seems heavier than my X anyway.

Tank is from the ofna hyper 7 tq buggy. Although I get what your saying, I already drilled the holes to 4mm in order to get the screws through and there isn't a ton of meat on there to go much bigger. In my opinion it would definitely be to weak for that. I pulled on it pretty hard and it has almost zero movement, it will twist a little but not much.

I planned on doing the big bores with 45wt oil and running them to how it controls. If anything like you said I'll run a little thinner oil in it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back