Ofna GTP 2e.....Built for SPEED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleSix

U run nitro? I'm sorry.
Got a new project I'm gonna be starting. My friend bob, (GRKSTL) got one and linked me to some youtube vids of a few of these things doing 119mph. Thought hmmmmm...... The next day, I ordered my own and here it is. Its a Ofna GTP 2e kit. Based off the Ofna ultra lx 1 buggy, not your typical onroad. That was a big selling point. Aside from the gigantic front bumper, more or less looks like a buggy. Not quite sure what I am going to put in here as far as a motor and esc. Leaning towards the Tekin RX8 2650, or 2250. Just going back to work, so that will give me time to decide, and fund it :$broke:
Any suggestions for esc/motor combo's welcome, as this is my first on road. Not intending to set any land speed records with it, but speed is good. I will not be doing any kind of racing, just something different to try.

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

Heres a couple of pics next to my ext savy, to show how huge is is for a onroad.
IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

Man, you beat me to a build thread. Congrats! We will be doing some high speed runs in the near future with both of them.

BTW, lower the thing, front is supposed to be roughly 7mm from the ground and the rear is 6mm. we are not offroading here.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Sshould be interesting.

Got a little progress with the on road. Filled the shocks with 60wt, front diff with 125000, and rear with 50000. Got my tekin rx8 2250. Right now I have a 20t pinion and the stock 51t plastic spur. I have ordered a steel 47t spur and 15-20 pinions to try out. Ran it for about 5 min today, and its quick, but not quick enough. Waiting for my pinions and spur, and will go from there. Also have to order a high speed servo. Had an extra sf50 laying around, so I just threw it in for now.

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg

crap. i gotta mail out the stickers. can you flip that esc around so the wires to the motor have some slack?

too bad you went with black, now it looks like everyone elses.

crap. i gotta mail out the stickers. can you flip that esc around so the wires to the motor have some slack?

too bad you went with black, now it looks like everyone elses.

If I flip the esc, I would have to use a extension to reach the esc, which Id rather avoid. The motor wires are really not tight, just didnt want too much slack.

Went with black cuz black is the biz, and it matches the rest of the fleet, lol.

so belt them yourself then!
turn em inside out and use ducktape, then install the tire on the wheel

Got a few more goodies for the onroad. Got a few c/f bits, who doesnt love c/f, savox 1258 high speed servo, and some sweep racing tires. My stock tires lasted a whole 60 seconds maybe, before one blew out. These are much better. They are belted, so that should help out, I hope. I got a set of treaded and slicks. The chassis that I got from SNR Is apparently the very first of this kind. It uses some features from the ofna dm1, such as the front bumper. This eliminates the stock front bumper that mounts under the chassis, thus adding about 5-6mm of ground clearance, allowing you to lower the ride hight, and center of gravity. It also has sections cut out for more of a weight loss. And it also allows for the use of the dm1 rear deflector. I have the front bumper and rear deflector coming, and also waiting on a few pinions. Gonna be ordering a few more c/f bits to finish it off. I still need the front top plate, center top plate, steering drag link, and front upper arm brace. Just waiting on everything to be in stock, so I can place one last order. Was told it should all be available tomorrow, so we'll see.

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

WOW!! Man this is on sweet lookin car you have there Jeff!!! Luv the look of the CF!! How much difference in the weight form stock to CF?

Got the last few pieces of my c/f today. Front top plate, center top plate, steering drag link, and front upper arm brace. I also received my front bumper and rear diffuser a couple of days ago. Hoping to get out and run it this weekend.

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

Finally got a chance to run the onroad today without incident. Not too bad. Put my phone with gps on it and got 56mph. Running 18/47. Stock is 14/51. Gonna up the pinion to a 19 and go from there. Temps were good. Motor never got over 120, and the esc had 3 lights come on a couple times for a quick sec. Gonna keep upping the pinion little by little. Hopefully I wont have a flux flashback, lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Back