Offset wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsavage3148

Will doing 1/2 inch offset wheels put too much stress on other parts of my truck. I'm running flm extended chassis.

I am and have been running the 1/2" maximizer off set wheels on my basher for a long time. I probably have 3-4 gallons on them and haven't seen and negative affects with them. The bearings are the original stock bearings as well which have 9-10 gallons on them (Seems weird as all the HPI Bearing are tarable, just my .02). The Offset wheels are a much better way of going over the Offset hubs you can find at select places. These would be much harder on the C-Hub's and bearings.

I love my 1/2" offsets. The truck is noticeably more stable.

Will doing 1/2 inch offset wheels put too much stress on other parts of my truck. I'm running flm extended chassis.

No. having the wheels out wider will give the truck more stability and wider turning radius. The only down fall to extenting the wheels out , is when you are a basher and you are use to tight areas of play. Don't ask me why :)

I am looking for a little more stability. The FLM/mugen mid tank setup definitely made it more stable but a little wider would be nice. Now i just have to find a set of offset dish wheels in white and I'm set. I was considering the 40 sereis wabash but may just go with dish wheels. Anyone know if the wabash wheels are offset?

40 series wheels actually stick out further than 1/2" offset Maxx-size wheels...

A standard 40 series rim sticks out 1.5" from the hub mounting surface, as opposed to 1.15" for 1/2" offset Maxx. This is according to Pro-Line's website.

goliath tires help too. but if you want to keep the smaller tire size, then the 1/2 offset rims are the way to go. I'm looking at a set of maximizers, or a set of axials beadlocks.

VERY COOL. I love the advisability. Now those wheels need to come in chrome and in cooler styles.

LMAO... @ Nick

I also run the offsets on my FLM ext truck with the suspension conversion and Id never go back to a regular style. The conversion more than makes up for the lost turn radius.

@ Blue grove cool product but I need to side with Nick on this...
Also there no real need to offset that far.. I have run full offsets and its not noticeably anymore stable than the half inch and does impede the steering horribly.

That is why we provided two offsets. We designed the 1" offset to be effective while Off Road Racing on wide, rutty tracks.

Since we are speaking of a 1" offset on a Savage, I can imagine it would impede your steering some. I haven't experienced horrible results yet, but I will keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back