Octane spark issue .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Jr.

I run the battery down on the spark unit,and it quit running. Charged the battery and now have no spark. changed the battery , eliminated the power switch , checked the other plug. no spark

would low voltage kill the unit or did it just fail ?

i

Anything I have read and heard the stock octane CDI unit was prone to failure, Look at the octane pages, I believe way back a few years ago one of the guys did come up with a better unit, not sure on the particulars...

I've read that also, discouraging. Found a test thread on the net. power the unit should have 6 volts on red and black wires of sensor plug . I do. jump black to white on plug should spark. I do, unit OK. plug in the timer , run a south pole magnet back in forth over timer. I have spark . Looking further the magnet in the flywheel is out of its hole. 1/8 by1/8 round pin. after much time it is back in n in first south out. was piened with a punch ( did not work HPI ) to keep it in. put some super glue on it . tested it with the recoil rope and have spark. Decided this will probably not hold . Power Hobies has a new flywheel .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back