Octane Battery Life....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitrousKid

Hi Guys, approx how many tanks of fuel do the standard shipped receiver and ignition batteries last in the Savage octane XL please?

I ask because I only have the standard charger which I think is an overnight charge? Can anyone recommend a fast-charger, or should I just buy more battery packs?

I've got an AC inverter in the family car so happy to plug into that to charge up on an outing whilst I eat some sandwiches.

I'm not sure how many tanks they last, maybe someone else could help you out with that part.

as for a charger, there are many good chargers out there. I recommend the skyrc imax b6 or b6ac( the ac version comes with an ac/dc converter so you can plug it in to a standard socket). you can get a b6ac for about 30$ on ebay.

Thanks Francis, so that's about an hour of play on one set - good to know. Cheers.

Great thanks Mark. I've seen some on ebay oem with charger so will order them up. Two chargers will be useful as well. Cheers for the info.

What's the battery in it? You could probably get a higher MAH one to get more time out of it. I didn't realize that it used 2 receiver packs. Does it use one for ignition and another for receiver/servos? From what I see in the parts list, it has 1200mah packs. You can pretty easily find 1700mah hump packs. Will increase your time by 1/4'ish.
http://www.rcplanet.com/Dynamite_NiMH_Battery_6V_1700mAh_Reciever_Pack_3_2_p/dyn1461.htm

With that much battery in it... surprised it doesn't just run a single sub-c pack like they put in the 5B. I think I ran this one in my 5B: http://www.rcplanet.com/Venom_6V_5000_mAh_NiMH_5C_p/vnr1506.htm

Great thanks for the intel. once i'm happy with the cars running I will look to mod the battery box as this looks like a poor design.
Cheers :)

Yes poor design battery box but make sure you break the engine in the right way.

Hi Guys, approx how many tanks of fuel do the standard shipped receiver and ignition batteries last in the Savage octane XL please?

I ask because I only have the standard charger which I think is an overnight charge? Can anyone recommend a fast-charger, or should I just buy more battery packs?

I've got an AC inverter in the family car so happy to plug into that to charge up on an outing whilst I eat some sandwiches.
1 and a half to 2 depending on how hard you use the truck.

hello to all friends I have assembled a battery LiPo 2s nVision 2500mhA with tension reducer 6V 5ampere and I have no problems ... just ask !!! Hello to all!!!

Hi. I use two Orion 1600mah . Same size as the original and i can make 5/6 Tanks .

Thanks for all the info Guys. I'm going to break the engines in and then look to mod the battery and box for external charging. It's a right faff getting the batteries in and out, going to be even worse in the cold on christmas day with two over excited boys and one over excited Dad! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back