Nova buggy clutch with Reds bell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNick

Hey guys,

I am about to buy a new engine and clutch system from Novarossi and I am curious if you can use a Reds Racing clutch bell on the Nova clutches? Both Reds and Nova have the 4 shoe design, but since there are a few raised areas on the Nova flywheel I am just not 100% sure it would fit.

The reason I ask is Nova only offers 2 bells, a 13 and a 14. I would like a 15 or 16 on my truck, and Reds has those.

Please let me know!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 2.11.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 2.11.33 PM.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 2
I have to ask why use a racing clutch when the stock clutch setup with alloy shoes works so well??? you can find the Savage XL 3 shoe setup on places like e bay or amazon for pretty decent prices.....

Well for one, because I am building my truck to be the best (yes even if there is no significant difference in performance) and two because Novarossi is popular and I know I will be able to get replacements easily and switch springs etc.

Also, I found an XL clutch for $35...its worth the extra $20 to me to have a better system, that has more factory support.

Why do anything to these trucks Jam? They're just fine stock. We do things because its fun and its a hobby. I don't blow my money partying, going out to eat or on fads, so when it comes to this hobby I am fine with spending a little more. That's why.

Does novarossi offer any bells or suggestions?

You may have to wait until you have it in hand to see how it fits with various bells. FWIW, I think the associated RC8 used a deeper bell. If you can find any. It used a 4 shoe system:
https://www.associatedelectrics.com...-ASC81420-ft_4-shoe_adjustable_clutch_system/

I'm not seeing a special bell for it... maybe it was losi that had the deeper one... sorry, old memory.

Last edited:
Yeah they offer a 13 and 14 tooth for their clutches. I actually called Novarossidirect and asked about a Reds bell and the guy had no idea if it would fit lol (super knowledgeable). So yes I'll probably have to just wait and see what it looks like when it comes in.

I did a bit more research and I am 95% sure the Reds bell would fit, since again they both use the same 4 shoe clutch design with the capture plate on top.

No worries man thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back