Not Flipping over new shocks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.LO's SAVAGE X

I have been wanting to get a new set pf shocks for the x ! There is an 1/8 scale track near me and for the occasion I get to go I was wanting a good big bore shock to install quickly on the x just for better handling, so I stop flipping in corners. I'm wanting a shorter shock that is a direct bolt on, nothing expensive or aluminum, just a good stock set from maybe hpi truggy, or another brand inexpensive,

Well the cheapest way to go is do the fuel line mod to the shocks. Basically you take the shock apart and put a piece of fuel line inside the shock right under the bladder. It makes the shock overall shorter, therefore decreasing tip overs. I did this to my older savage and it makes a pretty nice difference.

Another cheaper option that I personally never did is buy cen GST shocks. They are relatively cheap and work well. A guy I run with sometimes has them on his race Savage and they do well. I think the only thing you may have to do is file one of the shock eyes down a hair. Other than that I'm pretty sure they are bolt on and go.

I use double big bores on my savages for the stiffness and the 2 short framed X and Flux use the XL wider axles and beefier drivetrain. with wider stance, there are definately less tip oivers from turns

Yes, what I'm hoping to find are single big bore shocks for each corner, that are maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inches shorter, just don't know what's out there that would fit the bill, I haven't ever replaced shocks before

Well the cheapest way to go is do the fuel line mod to the shocks. Basically you take the shock apart and put a piece of fuel line inside the shock right under the bladder.

I think you meant "under the disk" vs "under the bladder", so the shock can't fully extend.

Latest posts

Members online

Back