Normal tire wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBud

Hey guys I'm not sure if this is "normal" tread wear or not. This is my first real rc car and have never had to replace tires or know how they are supposed to wear. What do you guys think? If it's not normal what can I do to fix it?
Thanks.20160307_132711[1].jpg

looks kinda normal, you can change the camber some so they do not wear the inside so badly, make the upper arm a bit longer to help that some....

AH! thank you. I shoulda figured that out by just looking at it but I'm a little slow lately. Thanks for the solution.

hmm, now that I'm looking at it I'm a little lost on what I can adjust.

I have only wore tires out on a MT once. I usually blow one out doing backflips or tear one somehow by running over a stick/rocks. Usually, the inner bead gets so ripped up that there is nothing to glue anymore and I pitch them.

Hats off to you for actually wearing down a set! You spend lot of time on concrete? I run in a concrete skate park about 30% of the time. I'm usually jumping out of the concrete onto grass or I run at a couple local parks in grass, so my tires don't wear out before they damage out.

Ghost, Thanks. That helped out a lot.
Olds, most of the wear is from winter, driving it on a concrete driveway, well that and bad trigger control.lol these little xs flux's have a crazy amount of power for their size.

Looks like you have been doing a lot of donuts and burnouts on pavement.
crazy-dually-truck-fishtail-burnout-video.jpg

lol, nice pic. I might have done a few in the driveway when the snow was to deep in the yard. My xs came with a shitty remote that seems way to touchy. It's kinda weird though because my manual says its suppose to come with the rf-40 set up but that's not what mine came with, mine looks like some wal-mart special remote.

Before you get some new tires it might be something to think about fixing up or you will do the same thing to your next set of tires. Or just take it easier on the throttle but what's the fun in that :woot:

yea, i would definitely like to get a better remote and new tires. Just gotta come up with the cash. Hell, it was a miracle I was even able to get the xs flux.

Latest posts

Members online

Back