No fuel issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoosh221

Hi, I bought my savage 2 years ago and it ran ok but I didn't use it much so I decided it was time to get it back out again but I'm having trouble starting it. I'm a complete beginner but it seems like I'm not getting the fuel from the tank to the carb/engine. If I remove the plug and put a couple of drops in the pot then replace the plug it starts no problem but then dies in a second or two as soon as the fuel is gone. It's driving me nuts!! Please help ??

I take it you have checked fuel filter isn’t Gunked up & you prime engine before starting up?
Hi yeah filter cleaned etc and when I try to prime by covering the exhaust and turning it over I don't see the fuel going up the tube. The tube and tank aren't blocked as I can suck fuel through it.

Good seal on fuel tank lid? No splits in fuel pipe and good fitting onto tank and carb? Tubing from pipe connected to tank?

Good seal on fuel tank lid? No splits in fuel pipe and good fitting onto tank and carb? Tubing from pipe connected to tank?
Yeah all good, just to rule out the filter (because it's a bit old and crappy) I removed it to see if I could prime and start and it only went and worked!!
I guess the air filter is goosed ? thanks everyone for the advice and where is a good (and quick delivery) place I can order one from. Sorry I really am rubbish at this ? and thank you in advance ?

Unless the foam is flaking/falls off filter I would just give it agood clean with some carb/brake cleaner or even some nitro fuel & reuse it & perhaps get new one in future! ??

Unless the foam is flaking/falls off filter I would just give it agood clean with some carb/brake cleaner or even some nitro fuel & reuse it & perhaps get new one in future! ??
I gave it another clean and it fell apart lol new filter it is. Thanks for the advice.

Have you cleaned out the carb dismantled it? Prime with glow plug out see if it spits fuel out? You can blow down the tube, see if the increase in pressure forces out gunk, blow all the way through to head with glow plug out, then rinse out with nitro fuel and try again.

Have you cleaned out the carb dismantled it? Prime with glow plug out see if it spits fuel out? You can blow down the tube, see if the increase in pressure forces out gunk, blow all the way through to head with glow plug out, then rinse out with nitro fuel and try again.
It seems to be running ok now. Whatever was stopping the fuel has gone plus I've now replaced the old air filter that fell apart after I cleaned it a second time. Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Members online

Back