Nitro Savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredder

Hey,

I'm thinking I would really also enjoy a nitro Savage but - which one? I don't know anything about the nitro Savages except they are offered in three varieties. I am looking for something durable, reliable - I just want to bash - not serious racing or whatever. But I do abuse my r/c stuff . . . that's what they're for, right? (ha)

I'm going to wait until they are being offered w/2.4 radios.

Your comments are most appreciated.

Thanks,

Shredder
(rock on!)

Shedder, i say build one from scratch. buy a cheapo roller from here. http://www.sickhobbies.com/Main.html
then upgrade everything but stock plastics. FLM builds are TOUGH and heavy, PRC build are light and tough, and IRC and twisted toys make sweet stuff, twisted is hard to find tho. thats the route i would take

The good thing about savages is that they are all pretty much the same man! I bought the XL and I'm thrilled with it. Had it about 10 months already. Main difference is that it is longer and wider and has the k5.9. Most people here don't like the 5.9 at all but I've had pretty good luck with it after I got it broken in good. I think that is where many people have problems with it and they give up on it without giving it enough of a chance. The XL also has the 3 speed with high speed third stock, but I'm not sure if the other trucks are coming with now also. I would recomend the XL with the 2.4Ghz radio if your going to get an RTR. I like how the extended truck drives better than the shorter ones, more stable in the air, and on the ground when going fast.

OK, I will get an XL but I will probably have to wait until August - home repairs and other stuff are getting in my way. :(

The savage line of nitro trucks are all great. Witch ever one you choose I'm sure you will be very pleased Shredder. I own two savage x's, two savage xl's and a savage x ss. In fact i orderd the the new xl with the 2.4Ghz radio last Friday and it should be here by this Thursday.:smiliejam:

As stated above most components are the same across the X line. The XL has the super heavy duty drive line that I have upgraded all my X's to. I'm not a fan of the wide axle spacers, big tires and 5.9 but just lil upgradeable things. I'm also not a RTR fan. I do scrach builds, but you cant go wrong with any of the X line.

Well, I do prefer to build.

I have been wondering - is there a class for racing these machines?

Uh oh . . . I feel another addiction coming on . . .

Latest posts

Members online

Back