Nitro Newbie IRC Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Hitec servos mounted today. Put the Firestorm battery box in the rear for now. My thinking is the truck would have a tendency to nose dive if mounted on the front tower. Might relocate as the build progresses.
I must say the standard tvps are exceptional quality and the anodizing is second to none. I stuck with stock size for the fun factor of the X. My winter project will be something larger....either extended or xl chassis.
Now I'm in what seems like a never ending loop of parts deliveries lol.
[URL=http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/jmccaw1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150622_201203_zpstzh1wqzt.jpg.html][/URL]

I got some Fast Eddys Bearings today. Good thing I decided to upgrade the bearings! Upon tearing down the trans I discovered one of the 3 little screws in the 39t gear came out and dug into the gear and the owb. So I ordered new and decided to upgrade to a HD 18-23 drive gear, light weight 32t drive gear, and a light weight 29t idler gear.

While I was waiting for parts I tore down the diffs to check shimming. Good thing I did this also! The diff cup screws were all backing out. Doesnt look like they used locktite from the factory! Also, they used 2 shims on the front diff and 4 shims in the rear. I didnt know they shimmed from the factory? I will recheck them after i receive my diff gaskets in the mail. I assume I would need them in to check propper shimming?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back