Newbie questions about Wheeles and tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aeshma_Daeva

1. What is the difference between a 40 series tire and a non 40 series and what are the advantages or disadvantages to either one?
2. If I am looking to make my truck's stance wider and more stable when cornering what size of an offset should I be looking for in a rim and can any of you recommend a good brand of offset rim? I am looking for something that will hold up well.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Paul

A 40 series wheel and tire are wider and taller then a stock wheel tire combo. i went with the 40 series due to the fact that i wanted bead locks and a wider tire. also a 40 series tire along with being taller is also a low profile tire. witch means that you can better predict how the tire is going to react in coners and such. hope this help and if i left anything out guys please fill in the blanks.

as x25 said, the advantage with the 40seies is they are wider, improving the trucks handling and helping it not flip over as easy. also, a point he touched on was they are lower profile (i'm running 40 series bowties and love em!) this helps them not 'balloon' as much at speed. 'ballooning' is where the tyres are subject to a high centrifugal force, and as the sidewalls of the tyre are not really reinforced compared to a car / motorcycle tyre they balloon out (in a similar way to a drag cars' rear tyres at launch / burn out) this reduces the overall footprint of the tyre on the ground and therefore grip.
aslo, to answer q2, 40 series wheels are generally offset bt i believe 1/4" to 1/2" again, making th truck wider.
hope this is of use bud. DS

Thanks for the help guys. I really apreciate it. After looking around I am kind of leanning towards the Commando Bead-Loc 40 series 23mm HD rims and the Proline Maxx 40 series Road Rage tire. Right now I spend alot of time running my truck with my son while he runs his RC18MT so I run 95% of the time on pavement and concrete. I think that the tires will hold up a little better than my stock ones have since they are a road tire.

Has anyone used the Proline Commando beadloc rims? If so what do you think of them? Do they work well? Are they worth the added cash? How do they hold up etc?

Thanks for your help with this guys.

Paul

Has anyone used the Proline Commando beadloc rims? If so what do you think of them? Do they work well? Are they worth the added cash? How do they hold up etc?

Thanks for your help with this guys.

Paul

I used to have a set of those rims with those tires on them, the rims are heavy and a royal pain in the arse...to many dang screws for the bead locks

Latest posts

Members online

Back