Newbie question. OS Max RG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domenic1515

I recently got a Savage SS and the engine on it has no compression. So I have this dirty ass O.S. Max RG engine. It has good compression and it runs, but the crankshaft is a different size than my Nitro Star S-25. Does anybody know if the crankshaft will transfer over or am I at a loss with this engine?EA8FB617-8127-49AA-BC3F-16BE9D2949B5.jpeg

I ran that engine for years back in the day. For a savage these days... it's pretty weak and I'm not sure it's worth the effort. When I ran it in my savage 21 chassis, I ran 52/15 and compared to today's standards, it was very slow.

You would need a crank, owb, backplate, starter shaft and starter housing. All of which are prohibitively expensive as OS treats their stuff like gold. lol! Not sure about trying to swap parts from engine to engine. The most I ever did was different carbs on engines. Even that seemed a bit proprietary. That was one great thing with OS engines, they would tune well and hold a tune for days. I still run a 21TM in one of my revo's. Great little engine, but a far cry from the $120 RG.

You thinking of trying a different engine altogether? Got a budget? There aren't as many around as their used to be. If I were trying to stay on the cheap side, I'd try one of these:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynamite-.28-rtr-nitro-engine-w-pullstart-dyne0571/p543544

And try to stay away from their spin/pull start combo as the locking mechanism for the pull likes to break.

Latest posts

Members online

Back