Newbie needing help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sky_Walker

Hi,

I know this has probably been asked a million times so I do apologise. My friend has given me a savage with a 25 engine. It hasn't been ran for a while so I eventually get it started and get it idling but as soon as I accelerate it stalls. I know I need to adjust the carburetor bit could someone tell what the factory setting are so I can go from there.

Welcome to the forum sky_walker!

Cheers

Well that didn't go to plan. I bought a new one way bearing yesterday which got me going again., came today to sort the Carb settings out and its broke again I think :-( I think this car is cursed!

If the rig has sat for a period of time maybe you should remove the engine and clean and seal it all up and then start at breakin settings to see if it will run, I am assuming there is enough compression and it is in decent shape.....

It has sat for a few years. I did have running and idling yesterday but it died when I pressed the accelerater.
I'm going to have to strip it down and clean it and go from there

Good news, I've finally got the car up and running and got it going without stalling and have enjoyed joy riding it around the park :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back