Newbie help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjo1488

I recently got an hpi savage truck..I feel like it's sluggish on the take off and doesn't turn well..I know nothing about rc cars please help

I appreciate the help. .I know. Nothing about these things and now when I turn on the remote it won't turn at all? I'm flustered to say the least

And for the sluggish off the start will it sit and idle for awhile or does it die if you just let it sit?

Do you have a manual?

No manual..and it will idol but acts like it wants to take off..moves forward like it's getting throttle

Go to the hpi site and download a manual for your truck so you have it handy. Have your truck handy while you ready it and familiarize yourself with everything(I didn't do that at first and ran into a ton of issues starting out). Next read the thread jam posted a link to it helped me out a lot too..just stay calm and don't get frustrated..once you get everything acting like it should they are a ton of fun!!

I appreciate the help someone sent me a link to the manual..I don't even know which truck I gotl

https://www.hpiracing.com/instructions

Post a few pics of your rig we can help ID it for you, then plug your rig into the link and download the correct manual, as there are several to choose from also have a look at the beginners guide and other tutorials to help you get started off on the right foot....

Here's the pics

Attachments

• 20151026_181652.jpg
    20151026_181652.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20151026_181652.jpg
    20151026_181652.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20151026_192148.jpg
    20151026_192148.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20151026_192201.jpg
    20151026_192201.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20151026_192214.jpg
    20151026_192214.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 11
I'm not 100% but looks like a savage x ss... Also looks like someone spent some cash on it with the upgrades..

Yeah they said it had lots of upgrades but I don't know..for some reason my controller won't turn the wheels now either..

do you have a 5 cell hump pack powering the onboard radio system? if so maybe it needs recharged, if it is just 4aa batteries then change them with fresh ones....

I have new as Batts in the truck..the controller has a pack might need charged but I don't have the charger..

That prob would be my next step just to eliminate battery troubles..next would check the servo to make sure it's plugged in and the wires aren't broken or anything

I'm not 100% but looks like a savage x ss... Also looks like someone spent some cash on it with the upgrades..

Nope, the 25 radio box is a dead giveaway that it is much older. Assuming certain parts are stock, it is a Savage SS.

Thanks man..is it worth keeping?

That's a matter of oppinion. But I think you'll find that most people on this site will tell you that any savage can be a great savage. Some just need more money/time investment than others.

Latest posts

Members online

Back