NEWBIE ALERT! Help please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieh80

Hi everyone. I'm hoping for some help. I have possibly 2 old (maybe vintage) nitro 1/10 cars. If I put some pics on would people be able to tell me the make, engine size, size of glow plugs needed and any other information to help. I haven't bothered with them much but my son now wants to get them up and running and out and about. They have great sentimental value and are roughly 25 years old. I just want to get them running again (last running about a year ago) but even then they were always cutting out etc. Once I know they still run I will start replacing bits and pieces if possible.

Or if anyone can point me to the right website for newbies that would also be great.
Thanks for reading, Stevie.

Thanks. I didn't just want to add them assuming I'd get help. I think this is possibly a sand master (kyosho).

Attachments

• IMG_1371.JPG
    IMG_1371.JPG
    378.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    343.2 KB · Views: 0
Here's another.

Attachments

• IMG_1373.JPG
    IMG_1373.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1374.JPG
    IMG_1374.JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 0
And lastly no. 4

Attachments

• IMG_1379.JPG
    IMG_1379.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1378.JPG
    IMG_1378.JPG
    337.1 KB · Views: 0
They're in a total mess I know. I will be starting to clean them up at the weekend. Any information on the above would be much appreciated. Thanks Stevie.

To be honest if I were you i would just start out with a good cleaning and put them on the shelf and go buy an electric buggy or truck for the little guy to start learning on...
Parts are scarce for many of the kyosho buggies... and the time you invest would be kinda much for taking them out bashing again...

Ok thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

Am I being thick? Could these engines be so old that there is no low and top range screw? All I can see is an idol pin? Thank you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back