New to the flux gang. Diff questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhatTheFlux

Ive owned a few in the past. 2 nitro, 2 xs flux and one flux hp. Never had issues with diffs ever. Did only run about 10 sets of packs through my hp total before bailing out of the hobby but that was for other reasons.

Just go a savage flux that has been owned since 2009 and beat to hell. I just replaced

-Front and rear bulks
-Front and rear shock towers
-Front and rear body posts
-Front and rear skids and bulkbraces
-Front and rear bumpers
-Replaced all the screws with stainless (they were mis-matched and the wrong size lol)
-Brought gearing back down to stock (was at 25-44)
-front and rear tie-rods

Question is will the Sintered HPI gears work as an upgrade for the beaten 43/13t gears that are on there on 4s? It would only be for a month or so until i could get the hardened or Hotbodies spiral cuts instead. Is the sintered gears even a step up from the old school stocks?

Just curios, did you use OEM bulk heads or aftermarket?

The sintered diff gears are not the best. The Flux should have came with the 9? tooth Bullet Proof machined gears. It's a pretty good upgrade for the X and other savages. That's about the best diff gear at this point. BUT, I would love to know how well the Hotbodies spiral cuts hold up. I've been eyeing them for a while now, but couldn't find enough reviews on them.

They are stock bulkheads and the flux is the first model so it came with the 43/13t savage x style diff gears. The sintered aren’t as good as the machines ones I know but I was hoping they’d b an upgrade from what I have. I plan to shim them.

Odds are, they will hold up better than the smaller teeth since there is so much more tooth contact. Sure, they might die, but odds are they will last longer than the machined 43/13 setup. I'm pretty sure I'm running the sintered BP's in my flux right now as I had one of my diffs blow out of my flux HP. Snapped a tooth off the pinion, which is the same for both the sintered and machined BP gears.

Gotcha. I only run 4s atm and i installed the bp sintered diffs and so far so good. I'm one of the weird ones who think 4s is plenty XD

I just rebuilt a flux hp ebay basket case and couldn't find machined or sintered 9/29s anywhere. I used the hot racing spiral cut diff gears. Holding up great to 4s on 3.8 trencher Xs and a locked slipper. Big wheelies and jumps all day.
Hot racing #HSF299X

I just rebuilt a flux hp ebay basket case and couldn't find machined or sintered 9/29s anywhere. I used the hot racing spiral cut diff gears. Holding up great to 4s on 3.8 trencher Xs and a locked slipper. Big wheelies and jumps all day.
Hot racing #HSF299X
Sorry to be late to the party but how are those spiral gears holding up?

I am in need of new ring and pinion and wanting some reviews on hsf299x or the rc4me gears. Any insight would be appreciated

I am in need of new ring and pinion and wanting some reviews on hsf299x or the rc4me gears. Any insight would be appreciated
I've run a handful of packs through the rc4me super 5sc transmission which has all steel gears. I've had it apart a few times to change the diff oil weight. When doing so, I inspected the gears and they all still look like new.

I know if I have a diff go out on me, I'll order a set of ring/pinion from them just to try. The cost isn't that much of a gamble.

I've run a handful of packs through the rc4me super 5sc transmission which has all steel gears. I've had it apart a few times to change the diff oil weight. When doing so, I inspected the gears and they all still look like new.

I know if I have a diff go out on me, I'll order a set of ring/pinion from them just to try. The cost isn't that much of a gamble.
Ok, I'm leaning towards the rc4me gears as I can get 3 sets for the price of 2 from hot racing

Latest posts

Members online

Back