New to Lipos, Balancer options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryugaiden05

I just got into the brushless scene with a Blitz I just picked up this weekend. It came with a 2c 4500mah SMC LiPo and I got a Duratrax Onyx 230 charger. The charger does not have a balancing option, so I am looking for opinion s on a balancer so I can balance the pack. I have found a Hyperion LBA6 2-5 Cell LiPo Balancer on :ebay: but not sure if it will work with my pack. Any other suggestions for balancers. Not looking to try to get another new charger at the moment.

I'm not sure the price on it, but if i had to go with an external balancer, id prob grab that one (or whatever is cheaper to be honest). all the balancer is gonna do is detect the cell with the higher voltage and limit the charge current to that cell until the cell with the lesser charge "catches up."

chances are that once you get a taste of brushless, you might want to try a bigger car, plane or heli and get more packs, bigger packs etc. and might want to up your game to a bigger charger later on.

for now, grabbing the best external balancer you can for price is a great idea and Hyperion is a great name in chargers and related equipment.

enjoy the b/l blitz, !

Thanks frddyj. Yea I will probably upgrade my charging equipment at a later time, but since I am just getting started I picked up what I could afford at the time. I am going to contact the seller of the Hyperion to see if they can tell me if it has the proper connection I need.

Thanks frddyj. Yea I will probably upgrade my charging equipment at a later time, but since I am just getting started I picked up what I could afford at the time. I am going to contact the seller of the Hyperion to see if they can tell me if it has the proper connection I need.

i think thats a great way to go about it. don't waste your money on what you don't need & grow into it as things develope.

I contacted SMC last night and they gave some great adivise and pointed me in a direction to look into. Thnaks for the help. SMC was very quick to resond to my email as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Back