New Start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octane

Have to start off with a big "hey" ! And a first time owning the XL gasoline RC. Put the batteries on charge late yesterday finishing them off today. Oil and gas mixed. Have to admit it was a real treat opening up the battery box. In about an hour will attempt to get all that spaghetti and connectors back in. I have no clue what I should expect on firing her up. I do have a concern at the moment and that has to do with the wire that runs behind the battery box pretty much up against the cylinder. My head tells me this is not a good place for extreme heat and a plastic cover wire. Has anyone zipped tide this away from the cylinder (comes off the ignition system)? I am sure I will have a bunch of other questions about the initial start-up. Not really sure what to expect. I am totally new to fuel RC's. Only other RC I have is a Slash 4x4 electric. I'll check back in a little while before I try to start it up. It will probably take me that long to get the wires and connectors back in the box. Well thanks and here I go. Maybe.

welcome to the forum. all I can say is, good luck
Thank you. Well got the wire away from the cylinder. Pulled about 10 times and no start. I did expect that. Cold engine and 35deg F. Choke on 2nd pull did an almost start. Choke of 2 pulls fired up. Glad I held it. Adjusted the throttle trim on the transmitter. Ran it for about 8 to 10 minutes. Shut it down gave it a check as far as the wire. Held the rpms down for the brake in period. So far pretty good. Hard to tell in a few minutes. Going back outside and run er again.

Welcome to the forum Octane!

Sorry to say I can't be much help to you on the octane, I've only owned nitros and electrics. That being said there have been plenty of guys joining lately with Octanes, so one of them should be able to post up with any help you need.

Quite a few threads here on the Octane. read up on them and Good Luck with it....

Members online

No members online now.
Back