new shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNation

Mister QUESTION with no SEARCHIES
I want to upgrade my shocks but not sure weather to use proline power strokes or the aluminum hpi ones. Here are a couple of links illustrating the 2 products.

---proline ---
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw...roline+power+stroke+shocks+savage+xs&_sacat=0
---HPI---
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HPI-Racing-1..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item4620224408&_uhb=1

i have done some research and i found out that i might need to use custom attachments in order to use the proline shocks. they are a little bigger than the stock shocks so they might rub against the shock towers once installed.

any opinions?

nuthin like using parts designed for the vehicle, i would go for hpi shocks , after all they did design and produce the truck....

I'm going to differ just a bit from Jam, I've used the power strokes on other trucks before and love them. I for one would go with the Proline shocks you just linked to and make sure you pick up a Proline PowerStroke universal kit and you'll be ready to rock.

But in Jam's credit, their isn't anything wrong with HPI's shocks - I just like the power strokes.

I would love the power stroke shocks don't get me wrong.... :) but for the price and all I would defer to the HPI shocks, after all I am known to be cheep with my rc purchases :lmao:

i think they're both about the same price.....the prolines have the extra kit that includes the mounting hardware....I'm still leaning towards the proline.

If I was scared to mod or spend a little bit, I wouldn't have gotten my LST shocks on my savage. And that would have been a mistake......

Moral of the story, do what you want. But I say go big or go home (go proline).

ok thats fair enough....I'm spending $100+ anyway so might as well go 20-30 extra... i fully understand but was just wondering what the difference was between the 2 hip shocks.... thats all... they are both hop ups for the savage xs .....

Just got them today. Filled them up with fluid and ready for installation. Here's are some pictures. image.jpg

I almost bought them but I thought I'll put in a couple of bucks more and get the good stuff.

Keen to hear how they perform, and what oil you used. Also how they go with big hits and flat landings. I've just bought some from the internet, so keen!

What is wrong with the stock shocks? I have never changed my stock shocks on my savage x either, just because they absorb my jumps and never broke. Is it just the looks of something aluminum?

What is wrong with the stock shocks? I have never changed my stock shocks on my savage x either, just because they absorb my jumps and never broke. Is it just the looks of something aluminum?

Nothing against stock shocks but the big bores hold more oil and the alloy stuff is just better than having a plastic body and cap.... plus having a selection of springs helps with different types of terrain one runs on.....

Well they look pretty well built.... if there are rebuild parts available for them I would think getting a set would be worth a try, order a rebuild set for at least 2 of them and let us know what you think of them.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back