New Savage XS. Truck isn't smooth. Don't know if it sounds normal? (Video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agold2009

When I roll the truck it sounds like the mesh ain't right, in addition if I roll it quickly and lift it up the wheels barely spin. Looks like there is friction from the spur or something?

Does everyones truck sound the same?

sounds as if the spur and pinion are too tight, check the mesh and reset it.... your manual should give directions on doing that...

I believe the motor mount plate has slots for doing just that, did you check your manual for directions as suggested earlier???

check page 27 of the manual, it appears to have holes for different pinions, some shifting may have occured in shipping making the mesh shift a bit so loosening the screws slightly may help shift it back......, if that doesnt stop most of the noise then it may just need a bit of running to wear in some....

https://www.hpiracing.com/assets/do...ls/115883_vol05_savage_xs_flux_rtr_061015.pdf

When I roll the truck it sounds like the mesh ain't right, in addition if I roll it quickly and lift it up the wheels barely spin. Looks like there is friction from the spur or something?

Does everyones truck sound the same?

Did you solve the problem? My car sounds the same.

I do believe it is normal.
double check mesh to be sure its right, but
both the XS and Flux that i own make that sound

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back