New Savage X Owner.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007st1300abs

Hi Guys . I just picked up a savage x 4.6 big block truck and have a few questions ....it came with a hpi battery operated drill style starter and the trigger will not depress , what is the best glow plug to use ? Do you have a tuning tips ? Thanks

Can't comment on the drill style starter as Ive never used one. I have always preferred pull starts, much easier than having to carry that stupid roto starter with u everywhere. As for glow plugs, these are cheap, and I have had good luck with them so far. https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynamite-monster-truck-.18.46-nitro-plug-medium-dyn2495/p55032

As far as tuning tips, all I can say is that if you're new, don't be afraid to mess with the needles. Adjust them in and out and learn what they do and how the engine reacts to it. Its the best way to get experience. Just know that if you are not seeing any smoke, its too lean. You will quickly learn to recognize what it sounds like when its too lean or rich.

No blue smoke when accelerating means your burning up the engine and shortening its life.

Members online

Back