New: Savage X 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

It looks like hpi finally got somewhat of a clue, even though it's too late. Any how here it is.
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/867.html

The RTR Savage X 4.6 is our fastest and strongest ready-to-run Savage… EVER! That's right, we've raised the bar by adding a massive F4.6 engine and beefed up the chassis and drivetrain to handle the power. The result is a truck that has enough Big Block power to do wheelies on command with a scorching top speed of more than 45 MPH. A huge list of performance and durability upgrades come standard in the RTR Savage X 4.6, so you know that you've got a truck that can handle extreme off-road driving.

Here's the new add ons....

New dual disk brakes provide more stopping power and are more fade-resistant than ever!

05.jpg

The Alloy Diff Cases prevent damage to the internal diff gears, even with the power of a Big Block engine. The result is more driving and less maintenance!

86827_01.jpg

The new F4.6 powerplant is designed for one thing and one thing only - huge amounts of horsepower! Nearly 3hp, in fact! Enough horsepower to get the Savage X 4.6 up to 45mph (73kph)! And Big Block TORQUE is always on tap, just pull the throttle and you'll know you're not driving a small block. You want speed? You want torque? You've got it!

The F4.6 engine is a new HPI high-power unit with the proven HPI Nitro Star reliability, featuring 2.9hp from its .28 cubic inch displacement! A purple anodized machined aluminum cooling head keeps the engine cool. Rough off-road terrain and extreme stunts are not a problem with this engine! The F4.6 features true ABC construction (Aluminum piston, Chrome-plated Brass sleeve), 8 port tuning, a 7.5mm composite carburetor, heavy duty triple shoe clutch, plus an updated Roto Start 2 electronic starting system for easy starting. A dual-stage air filter protects the F4.6 from dust and dirt kicked up by the 4WD action!

The F4.6 engine is so fast, in fact, that HPI designers made significant improvements to the chassis, gear cases and other parts of the truck to beef it up so it could handle the extra power! The F4.6 engine pumps out nearly 3 horsepower and sits on an improved engine mount and thicker engine plate to give you more durability and endurance, especially when you're landing massive jumps!

engine_en.jpg

Now Available In Blue Or Red Paint Jobs

With the RTR Savage X 4.6 you get your choice of a pre-painted red or blue GT-2 body, completely trimmed, decaled and mounted for the ultimate in ease. The intricate paint designs have metallic silver and graphite trim, 3-D shadows, and a race-inspired layout for concours quality appearance. And you can always customize your truck with any of the clear or pre-painted polycarbonate body shells from the huge assortment of HPI bodies and other manufacturers as well!

blue.jpg

red.jpg

All in all it's an improvement but hpi needs to completely revamp the savage.

One final picture (For all the pictures check the link at the top for the official site)
box.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
all they did was change the motor and add dual disk brakes. now what are they gonna do with the xss now that they pretty much just mad the stock x an x ss. lol it will be interesting to see what HPI dose.

very nice write up FX

Here is HPI's video for it, for the high res version download it from their site.

I realized they also redid the TVP's, check the site for pictures. One of the spots my X chassis broke is one of the spots they fixed, way to go HPI. lol

they rele didnt add anything like x25 said once i get my video up of my stock brakes i don't need duel discs

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back