New Savage Flux HP for Spring...Ideas??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Byleckie

Hi guys...I'm new to the Savage forum and looking for some guidance in purchasing/upgrading the Savage Flux HP. I'm looking to purchase a new Savage Flux HP within the next month. After doing much research it seems that even out of the box the savage is not completely bash worthy. Can anybody point me in the right direction for upgrade musts? I want to purchase everything together so I can be done with all needed upgrades. My budget is around $1000-1100 (including Savage Flux HP). I'm sure this wont cover all needed upgrades :). Thanks for the help guys!!

Bryan

IN truth the Flux is very bash worthy out of the box... some things worth upgrades are suspension arms RPM is always a good addition..... Get a wheelie bar for it if it does not have one out of the box..... for the rest of it I say how bash worthy it is will depend heavily upon how you drive the truck.... I would run it stock and when things break you will have a better idea on how you plan to torture the rig and what may need working on......

should the shock towers be switched to aluminum? trying to do some heavy jumping and didn't know how well the plastic holds up....

should the shock towers be switched to aluminum? trying to do some heavy jumping and didn't know how well the plastic holds up....

I think the alloy towers are more for bling. while flipping I would rather have the plastic parts on my truck. if they flex a bit thats a good thing.....

one thing u would want would be batteries and charger. I would suggest running on 4s to start, and if u get comfortable, move on to 6s. onyx, traxxas, venom, turnigy, spc, smc, all are good lipos. something at least 5000mah 30c(minimum) would do fine. as far as chargers go, it's really up to u. u can spend up to 4000$ on one if u wanted :) but I agree with jam,] get aluminum shocks and rpm a-arms to start with. possibly a new servo if u want.

I think the alloy towers are more for bling. while flipping I would rather have the plastic parts on my truck. if they flex a bit thats a good thing.....
Thanks for the help!! Are the dua
one thing u would want would be batteries and charger. I would suggest running on 4s to start, and if u get comfortable, move on to 6s. onyx, traxxas, venom, turnigy, spc, smc, all are good lipos. something at least 5000mah 30c(minimum) would do fine. as far as chargers go, it's really up to u. u can spend up to 4000$ on one if u wanted :) but I agree with jam,] get aluminum shocks and rpm a-arms to start with. possibly a new servo if u want.
Thanks for the help!! Do these aluminum shocks bolt up without any modifications?? http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HPIA712&CartID=1 thanks again!

yes, but those are racing shocks. u use 2 per wheel instead of one. u want the big bore shocks. integy makes a shock kit that uses the insides of the stock shocks, but gives u the aluminum outsides. ask jam racing 1 about them, as he has recently put them on his savage

Transmission Drive Gear..... ESPECIALLY if you intend on running 6s.

Others may have different views:
I would also suggest using a teflon DRY lube on the trans gears (They're made of sintered metal). Just pull the rubber access plugs on the side opposite the motor and spray while rotating the trans. Be sure that it's a low solvent product (non-reactive with plastics). I spray them every other time I run the truck (every other weekend).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back