NEW Savage Flux 2350 kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
Hey guys not sure if anyone has seen the new FLUX 2350. it's pretty much a Savage FLUX HP but with a Alphastar 2350Kv Brushless Motor and Q-base Brushless ESC (Capable of running two, 2S LiPo packs(4S) in series), ALL METAL GEAR TRANSMISSION, XL TOUGH SUSPENSION, MACHINED DIFF GEARS, SUPER HEAVY-DUTY DOGBONES, MACHINED STEEL SPUR GEAR, BIG BORE NYLON SHOCKS and SF-5 HIGH TORQUE METAL GEAR STEERING SERVO .. and get this it doesn't even come with a 2.4 GHz radio -.-

1.jpg

Here is the article at HPI ::
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/104493/

hey maybe there is a benifit of them making a new flux.. for some people that can't afford the funds for a new HP maybe the FLUX HP's price will decrease a little when the new FLUX 2350 comes in.

so they are bringing out a flux which can only take 4s? yet it is more expensive?

Do you think this is due to the unreliability of the MMM? I don't see why they are doing this?

so they are bringing out a flux which can only take 4s? yet it is more expensive?

Do you think this is due to the unreliability of the MMM? I don't see why they are doing this?

This is my take. MMM is Neu castle (traxxas combo set up) not Tork 2200 Motor and Blur Electronic Speed Control. Same with the new Alphastar 2350Kv Brushless Motor and Q-base Brushless ESC. So, as far as the question goes they are different and if MMM Neu Castle was a failure Traxxas would have jumped on it and changing their combo, but it is HPI just offering another choice, for what who knows. If compaired to nitro it like deciding between a 4.6 or 5.9 motor. Maybe Justin might know. Haha.

The price i said was a Japan conversion of yen to dollars. Japan prices are through the roof for anything. For example I bought my XL for $820 dollars in a Japan LHS because I am impatient and I did not do my home work. Mean while online store in the US mainland the XL were going for $600.

Its less expensive .......

HPI wrights :

The Savage FLUX 2350 continues the Savage legacy of monster truck domination with a truck that delivers massive power and performance, while going easy on your bank account. Based on the popular Savage FLUX HP, this version features our Alphastar 2350 Kv Motor and Q-Base ESC capable of running two, 2S LiPo packs (4S) in series. With 14.8v of raw brushless power, the FLUX 2350 will perform standing back flips with ease...just like it's big brother, the FLUX HP.

i think its a good idea. Am i right in seeing that this version does not come with the BP diffs???

I think its a good idea also.

for the kind of 'bashing' that i see a lot of people come into the hobby store do,
4s is plenty for them.

some people want to run their truck around the yard a little and don't want a single part on their truck to break.

I would buy this truck for my father (he's 75) so he could run it around the yard. It would be a perfect truck for him.

yea i have a few friends that wanted the flux hp, but thought it was a little to expensive to buy... This is a great starting point that can be built upon.

I hope it is priced well... Otherwise there would have been no point in bringing it out!

4s is better for handling especially on the track. 6s is max speed and quick spool up. I never tried 5s and is the in between. My experience. SO go ahead and try the new flux and give us a review.

it will be a good alternative to the flux bp for ppl who cant quiet afford it. my little brother has been wanting a flux since i showed him mine and this puts it a little further in his reach :)

Wonder what the actual retail is going to be on this? May bring a lot more people into the electric stuff if they can make the price low enough when compard to the FLUX HP. I wonder if 5S would damage the ESC on this one? If not, it could be perfect for people who aren't dead set on having 6S!

This truck max is 4s from what i understand. I just mentioned different performance when having 4s, 5s, and 6s. IMO this truck it is set up for race track vise the Flus 2200 is a basher.

This truck max is 4s from what i understand. I just mentioned different performance when having 4s, 5s, and 6s. IMO this truck it is set up for race track vise the Flus 2200 is a basher.

Why do you say that joe? it is exactly the same setup as a flux hp just with a rubbish motor compared?

A race setup would be a lower kv, more efficient, torquier motor and geared for 40mph on 5s. Thats what i keep on seeing on electric truggys and buggys.

Why do you say that joe? it is exactly the same setup as a flux hp just with a rubbish motor compared?

A race setup would be a lower kv, more efficient, torquier motor and geared for 40mph on 5s. Thats what i keep on seeing on electric truggys and buggys.

I was wonderin about that myself. A stock Savage (any model) set up for a race track? maybe a drag-race track without any turns or corners.

get the flux!!! +1 wth frddy... i see your posting messages, which means you already have a computer, FLUX FTW!!!!

OK quaoted from HPI "The battery packs required for the truck are two NiMH (6-cell 'flat' type packs) or two LiPo Batteries (2S) plus applicable charger. Batteries must be the same type, voltage and capacity. The minimum rating is 25C". I do not see it say anything about (2) 3S. I have compaired 4s verses 6s in the track and the 4s was better handling. 6s power makes the truck unbalanced on the track. Which is Roar approved 4S or 6S? For drags racing yes 6S is the way because of the long strecth but on the track racing you only have a few yards before you have to slow and take corners etc. 4s has enough amps 40-100 to give you the punch and speed of 40 MPH in 132ft which is about standard for track straight away. There are many ways to figure this equation but this is short explaination. :nutshot:

http://www.castlecreations.com/support/do***ents/drivers_ed_guide.pdf
This may have some insight

That is true Joe. 4s on a 2350kv motor is just right. But its far from setup for a track.

People racing prefer to run lower KV motors such as 1600kv-1800kv and run more cells such as 5s as it gives longer run times and more controllable acceleration.

That is true Joe. 4s on a 2350kv motor is just right. But its far from setup for a track.

People racing prefer to run lower KV motors such as 1600kv-1800kv and run more cells such as 5s as it gives longer run times and more controllable acceleration.

So put a 1600-1800 KV in your truck and see how it performs. LMAO

Lol i have the neu 1520 1600kv motor in my truck already :)

It is amazing on 6s. has crazy torque, gives me long run times (might not have the top end of the torq2200) but this motor can handle up to 10s!!! so i am in the process of preparing it for 9s.
Right now my gearing is set up for 53mph on 6s (it looks like a real 45mph, not 50) but when i put 9s in it my projected geared speed should be 76mph. So if i can hit 65mph or so, i will be more than happy for such a big truck :)

Just waiting for the new MMMXL to come out. It can handle up to 12s! or 10s with motor brakes :)

When it comes to KV ratings the battery MUST always be considered. What you're ultimately looking to accomplish is to match the usable kv rating that chassis was designed for. In other words your matching the rpm's of a nitro egine more than likely. So for say 4s a 2250 or 2000kv motor are ideal:

(cell count)x4.2v x(motor kv)= usable rpm

So 4s x 4.2v x 2250= 37,800 rpms. Right about where a higher revving nitro egine would be.

In general yes a higher cell count does offer cooler temps and longer run times however the pack mah rating and discharge rating will all be factors.

So make sure you're setup will fall into the rpm's the chassis was designed. Most of the cars that are being converted started out nitro so the 32k to 38k rpm range is a good place to shoot for.

Members online

No members online now.
Back