new paint job for savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you DOOBEEWHA the body is nice I love it I dedicate the paint job to you bro.

HAHA well I pull the body off and well look at (final stage roll bars) THREAD and that is what is under that body. and thats what ill bash...not that body I like it too much.

Nice body bro... How do your brakes work ? .. I noticed that your brake rod sits at a steep angle .. most set horizontal

My brake rod was like that and my brakes didn't work at all. I went to the local hpi shop and he got the pliers and bent the arm up which worked a lot better. I later replaced basically everything that had anything to do with the brakes and the problem disappeared completely (arm isn't bent any more). didn't cost much either.

Thank you DOOBEEWHA the body is nice I love it I dedicate the paint job to you bro.
Hey, I knew you would like it, bro. And it's perfect for the cage inside it.... I would say. I'm glad you dig it so much. And thanks for the kind thoughts, my friend. I cant wait to slap those Proline rage 30's on my street ride. Thanks for those also, bro. By the way, that paint job came out "TITS"! I'm going to use that techinque on my next paint job.... Great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice body bro... How do your brakes work ? .. I noticed that your brake rod sits at a steep angle .. most set horizontal(posted by SJ)

well my brakes worked for some time but then they get softer and softer so the rod ends up like that. they still grab. Can't figure it out yet why they soften up like this....

The rod that goes into the gearbox ends up with the corner rounded off that is meant to push the piston out. That is why it ends up like that over time. I don't know any other solution but to replace the bar. Something I found that made my breaks a lot better was one of these belive it or not http://mrcmodelcarparts.com.au/front.asp?pid=10&ProductID=VEN2067GR. It helps keep oil away from your brake pads which causes really poor breaking. Also pull your pads out and clean them with alcohol and roughen then up with some fine grit sand paper and they will work like new (that's for the dual disc setup, don't know about the other setups).

Nice tip, MTBikerTim. I would like to make replacement brakepads out slipper clutch pads. Need to use the right adhesive to get that done. Wooops!. Don't want to hyjack the thread. PM me if you have any ideas.

hey fellas,
savagecre, looks great. Is the little guitar sticker in the rear part of dedicating paint job to doobeewha?

Hey crash. How they hang'in, bro....lol. Actually, Savagecre is is a good guitar player. When we realize that we've ingested too much nitro for the day, We'll pick up a couple of guitars and make the local cats and dogs screach and howl till the fire dept. arrives and hoses down the amplifiers....lol

Awesome,I figuired there was a tie in there. I wish my bashn partner would keep his run n , hes got a s maxx, he followed me off a ramp I built and broke it in halph. Its been threee weeks down for him. now I play with myself.
what did I just say? disregard that. lol
anyway Ive got to stay on point, savagecre the lid looks good.

hahaha,...Well I guess there hang'in just fine then, arn't they?...lol. As long as your bash partner drives a maxx, it will always break in half. I guess that makes you king savage in crashland, doesn't?...lol

Members online

Back