New one way bearing problems on the Savage x4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottbot302

So I tried to start my truck today and I couldn't... spent abut 5 minutes trying and it was slipping 95% of the time. Got a new bearing and was going to clean out the starter box/back plate. That was until I noticed that the new bearing wasn't the same size as the original one and didn't fit as well in the roto start holder. If anyone has the proper bearing part number or can offer any help please do so. Here's a video I recorded so you can see what i'm talking about:

I also have this thing that I don't know what it is. My Dad thinks its some sort of gasket, but i've asked the guy I bought it off of and he said he has no clue what it is. Heres the link so you can see what I'm talking about:

Last edited:
What engine is it? Would be better off taking clear large photo's and adding them as attachments to make it easier to see clearly.

Quite an interesting approach to trying to fix the HTL issue. Not sure going with the traxxas tank was your best option as it's not the best shaped tank either. How does it look with a body on? I'd be afraid the tank would hit the ground on a roll over and crush it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Quite an interesting approach to trying to fix the HTL issue. Not sure going with the traxxas tank was your best option as it's not the best shaped tank either. How does it look with a body on? I'd be afraid the tank would hit the ground on a roll over and crush it.

I handles surprisingly well and doesn't affect preformance of the truck. I decided to choose the Tmaxx tank because, I had one spare from my tmaxx, and also I liked that it was fed from the bottom and not only pressure fed. I've rolled it so many times and nothing has happened (except for damaging the body) but the tank holds on pretty well. I used some erector set pieces and screws from where the old tank threaded into and bam, it barely moves or anything. Only part that sticks out is a little u shaped metal piece.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back