New motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

London idiot

Hi just trashed my motor savage x4.6 gt3 looking at the cost of a rebuild probably cheaper to buy new any suggestions as to the best replacement looking at Hong Nor 5.9 R36 about £130 or any better suggestions I'm in the UK and don't want import probes.

new piston and sleeve is cheaper, I don't know much about the life, or durability, or power of a hong nor engine, just do some research on the hong nor, but I would rebuild f 4.6 personally, I rebuilt 2 this winter

also if you buy a cheap motor, chances are more problems, if anything, buy a good durable motor. axial, LRP, picco,novarossi, are a few. But prefer rebuild.

Hong Nor is a subsidary of OFNA so I think they know what they are doing with nitro engines...... after all they been in nitro almost as long as OS Engines

Motor, engines, are common phrases used in describing , I think he knew what I meant, and I don't know about Hong nor or o s engines or motors, more familiar with lrp picco, hpi, ,there are loads of brands out there, don't know them all,,,,,,

http://www.osengines.com/

OS Engines (thats all they do) are some of the best running engines on the market. they have been around all the time I have been in the hobby and thats over 30 years. they are pricey to buy but the quality on the few I have owned has been nothing short of excellent.....

http://ofna.com/engines.php

OFNA used to import alot of the Ho Bao (Hong Nor) stuff and rebadge it as ofna, they build a quality :ercm: and many of their 1/8 buggies are formidable on a track...

Not trying to upset anyone just provide a bit of clarity to an often cloudy subject....

Ok thanks to all at moment stripping 4.6 need new piston set none in UK con rod. replace clutch. crankshaft? Strong possibility at uk prices looking around £ 150/175 new motor prices

shouldn't need to replace anything else, just piston, sleeve. take off cooling head, and rotostart backplate, then you see the crank. don't need to remove anything else. there are youtube videos to help guide you on rebuild, quick and easy.

oh,,,,, when removing backplate that bolts to block, do it slowly and carefully, there is a small pin and a spring behind that that keeps tension on the roto start unit, It can shoot out if not done slowly then put in baggy so its not lost

Since HPI sold out to Rip Max parts in short supply at the moment rip max said we are going to fully support hpi ( it remains to be seen ) piston set out off stock all over UK at £90 and no date on restock. Most HPI big bore engines out of stock.

Latest posts

Members online

Back